Hey Oleg! I want this in Storm of War!

Hi, everyone

Storm of War: Battle of Britain, WW2 combat flight simulation

It's going to be released fairly soon.

If someone from 1C: Maddox Games were to read this, then what would you want to see in Storm of War? What did you not like about IL-2 that should be in SoW?

Please keep in mind the stated goals of Oleg Maddox and comment within this scope of things.

This might be your opportunity to be seriously heard. :wink:

Fireskull Smile

I would like to see:

- Better looking roads (especially for desert and snow in possible add-ons)
- Natural shapes of small rivers
- Better diversity of cloud shapes (WIP is bit disapointing...)

( genarally - visuals like in Birds of Prey... )

I would like to see:

-Multi Throttle Support!
-A truly dynamic weather system.
-Correctly scaled maps with 'Real' mountains.
-Selectable convergence for individual pairs of guns.
-Selectable ammo load outs for planes (Bullets not bombs).
-A way to drop icons, text msgs and other hud data from film tracks.
-A real dynamic campaign like the one used in Falcon 4. (This is the benchmark for ALL dynamic campaign systems).
-All planes in a particular conflict, in this case BoB, available as either AI or Flyable so we have the ability to construct historically correct engagements.

S!

Post it here gents; http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=98

Oleg has no reason to come here; he's remained unannounced on the mod scene and he would definately not answer any questions at a modding forum.

However, keep the responses coming; it's interesting to hear your views. If you want to be heard properly, then post on the Banana forum.

I almost forget - various skins for stationary aircrfat at runway...
( Add-ons would come sooner or later... so I don't like dark-green aircraft alongside desert runway... )
P.S.
This one is not important to me - but it seems 1:0 ROF vs SOW :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V20CIcaZ ... r_embedded

Dearest Oleg,

when "Storm of War" is out - and you bought yourself a new computer - and you are happy and very pleased with it,
would you mind to tell me what you've got?

Sincerely
Jambo :wink:

P.S. It's not so much about what I would like to have in SoW - but what I'll get out of SoW!
Sorry for being a bit o.t.

I'm with jinxx's list, but I'd like to add some kind of a mod support :wink:

Bigger formations than just 4 planes, can be a hassle setting up mass bombing runs and having to configure all the different flights.

A more interactive tower I mean, communications for take-off and especially landing and also updating you with situation on the conditions of the fight and weather. A landing signal officer for when addons with naval operations come out (although I'm sure those will come only after some years but anyway).

Like in Il2, noseart and squadron insigna but let them be in another format than the 24mil bitmaps who really decrease the quality of images. Let them also be visual online (even with skindownload off). This way, people with less experience in image editting can still make their own insigna without the need for making a whole new skin to be recognised online.

More realistic engine management, mixture control for all planes who had it in real life, switching higher/lower blower. Possibility to overrev your engine. Seperate cooling control for planes who had so in real life (Like the P47 and the Corsair had 3 seperate handles for cooling engine, oil and something else).

Guns could jam in real life, I would like them to jam in my sim too.

~S~

FlyingShark Wrote:Guns could jam in real life, I would like them to jam in my sim too.
I'm not sure you're going to like it that much when it happens Tongue

Serpiko Wrote:
FlyingShark Wrote:Guns could jam in real life, I would like them to jam in my sim too.
I'm not sure you're going to like it that much when it happens Tongue
Well, to be honest, it's especially my enemy's guns I would like to see getting jammed Big Grin .

~S~

I want to see Storm of War finally :wink:

310_cibule Wrote:I want to see Storm of War finally :wink:
+1 Big Grin

refueling would be a nice feature ;dd

Rowddy Wrote:refueling would be a nice feature ;dd

Did Battle of Britian have refuelling? Wouldn't need to would you, not very long flights when you are only going to meet Germans at the Channel and over London.