[MOD] Iwo Jima repainted by Whitecat v2.0

Hi guys, finally I've decided to start to release map by map as the package it's going to be more long to finish than I expected Smile

So, we start with Iwo Jima Pre, Invasion and Post!!, so begin to look for proper skins for the Zeros and Jills detached in Iwo for the defence of the island!!

This map as the rest of mine respects the original coasts, runways and heights, and keep the objects to a minimum, to try to keep perfect compatibility with previous existing campaigns over the original stock map, so mission builders don't have to change all the missions again. I only changed the position of some textures in some cases as Iwo but hopefully to improve the map.

The textures have been indexed to avoid problems of FPS but let me know if are there any issues.

Thanks and acknowledgements before I finish the package just in case I forgot anyone:

- First of all thanks to Oleg of course.
- Second, Mixx of course. Most of the textures in this map are variations or originals from Mixx.
- Cbal, who gave me the inspiration of retexturing the map. Initially the map_T was from Cbal, but I modified it heavily. Some of the textures come from him.
- Redko, another source of inspiration, and again some textures or variations come from him.
- PhilK for his amazing campaigns, another big source of inspiration. The position of Suribachi has been carefully selected to avoid problems with his Iwo campaign but let me know if there are any ugly effects. I only tested first mission to check position of AAA's, bunkers etc.
- All the rest of modders, mission builders and skinners community.

v1.0 Download link: http://hotfile.com/dl/79362288/021d4d1/w...0.zip.html

v2.0: What's new:

- 6 maps: 3 maps Pre Invasion, Invasion and Post Invasion optimized for Perfect mode, and the same 3 maps optimized for lower modes (Excellent and below). The Perfect mode maps are more loyal to the real geology of Iwo coast, but that provoked some ugly effect in Excellent mode, so the Excellent mode is a little bit less loyal, but now looks quite good. You will have to select different map according to the mode in which you are going to play.
- Apart from that now in the coast you'll notice less low green water and more foam and waves. This is Pacific but it's not Tahiti gentlemen, Iwo is rocky, windy and rainy.
- Different Suribachis for different maps. I figured out how to do it, it was there in front of my eyes
- In Iwo invasion you'll be able to bomb the island but you'll find a bit more bumpy to land (even if the effect is not as big as I expected because the island is quite flat)

v2.0 Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?faacacu0uwqwqwe

Pre Invasion:

[Image: 29102010210211.jpg]

[Image: 29102010210312.jpg]

Invasion:

[Image: 16102010162330.jpg]

[Image: 16102010163518.jpg]

Post Invasion:

[Image: 30102010162351.jpg]

[Image: 30102010162613.jpg]

Very nice! Thank you Smile
And I moved it to map downloads part.

Deutschmark

Deutschmark Wrote:Very nice! Thank you Smile
And I moved it to map downloads part.

Deutschmark

You're welcome Deutschmark! Smile let me know if you're interested in my craters effect for your WW1 no mans land textures Smile

We were just talking about your great craters! ... for real!

Iwo Jima got torrential downpours and the storms would weather the craters like that - good thinking guys on the weathering effect!

Fireskull Smile

Thanks guys Tongue

Good job,mate! The mao looks a lot better for these textures. Really well done!

I just went and tested it out and I gotta say, Excellent work!! :wink:

Thanks guys, the pleasure is mine! Thinking about the next release already!

WhiteCat Wrote:Thanks guys, the pleasure is mine! Thinking about the next release already!

Get crackin!...err...I mean thanks a ton! DL'ing now

katdog5 Wrote:
WhiteCat Wrote:Thanks guys, the pleasure is mine! Thinking about the next release already!

Get crackin!...err...I mean thanks a ton! DL'ing now

Tsk tsk... and you don't even properly read all the topics before post... don't feel too much motivated to work for free for users like you Wink

Very Nice Work !!!! Thanks a lot WhiteCat !!!! You did a fantastic work !!!! Really impatient to try it ;o)

Ted

LeBigTed Wrote:Very Nice Work !!!! Thanks a lot WhiteCat !!!! You did a fantastic work !!!! Really impatient to try it ;o)

Ted

Cheers pal Smile

Thanks again for this fantastic map. It really is mind blowing how small the island is....

Question. Does anyone know what could cause this:

I cannot see mount suribachi when I run the server from my rig. (but i have seen it before) Maybe its because I renamed old missions to load with the new map? Any ideas?

Nevermind....

FIXED: My static .ini got messed up.