New P-47 Razorback and Bubbletop Cockpits WIP

Any chance of an early Christmas present with this mod????

:Smile)

Thanks all for the encouragement'
With the holiday time I should be able to get a Razorback WIP mod posted before 2011. Right now I am consolidating texture files and trimming unseen faces to keep the overall size of the mod down. Previous P47 pit mods have been reported to cause a fps drag, one of my goals is to avoid this by keeping everything as economical as possible.

poncho

poncho Wrote:Thanks all for the encouragement'
With the holiday time I should be able to get a Razorback WIP mod posted before 2011. Right now I am consolidating texture files and trimming unseen faces to keep the overall size of the mod down. Previous P47 pit mods have been reported to cause a fps drag, one of my goals is to avoid this by keeping everything as economical as possible.

poncho

You know, back in the days of CPM, DOS etc. when I was just learning to program, we had to worry about size since the best machines out there only had 16 - 32 k of Ram. Yes, that's right, 16 - 32 kilobytes not megabytes. So seeing someone actually worry about the size of something they are getting ready to release is refreshing.

My hat's off to you sir. Not only for your talent, but for your willingness to also make it as streamlined as possible. Some modders forget that just putting out a nice skin, cockpit, mod etc is great, but if the end user can't use it, then it's really not worth much.

Great work! I can't wait to see the finished product.

S!

Good news. Take your time and dont forget it is Christmas. Take that over making P-47 pits Wink

Mmm. Poncho, I think that the early bubbletops had this same instrument panel also, The first one with the modified later vession was the D-30 model;

Would be possible to add this same instrument panel to the D-27 in game? (Probably not as easy as I think...) :oops:

Amazing job. Wink

I always found the stock cockpit was empty and with fluo colors.

This is already dead, isn't it?

Pooch Wrote:This is already dead, isn't it?

I don't think so, his last post was less then 2 weeks ago
He is more then likely bzy with RL.

Deutschmark

MAN! I hope that's all it is cause I'm jonzin for this mod.

Bear with me, it will be soon. I have a flickering issue with the gauge night mats that I want to clear up. Also some damage textures need to be realigned.

poncho

Good to hear. I'll have to be patient. I've been waiting for someone to do this to the P-47 Razorback cockpit ever since modding began, in here. Kinda gave up.
Two days before Christmas, my four year old PC had a heart attack. Had to go out and buy another rig. So far, I've only put Rise Of Flight and FSX back on it. Was actually thinking of just not reinstalling IL-2. Figured, "Ah, Battle Of Britain is right around the corner, why bother!"
I'm such a P-47 nut, though, that this single mod will make me install it. Spits and Hurris are fine, but I know I'll miss my Jug!
And besides, I've been thinking that SOW was right around the corner for a year, now.

Download now available, please take a look. :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=31009&p=346172#p346172

Awesome! Thank you so much for the cockpit!!! Looks fantastic.... Big Grin Confusedhock:

you know what i'd like to see? an 8-ball on the throttle and fuzzy dice on the gunsight Big Grin

The bubble top remesh is almost complete, still have to clean up some textures and do some class work. I will have the K-14 sight and some other details that are specific to the for the D-Late.

Over
[Image: 27over.jpg]

forward
[Image: 27forward.jpg]

pit contents
[Image: 27contents.jpg]

aft
[Image: 27rear.jpg]

Poncho