New P-47 Razorback and Bubbletop Cockpits WIP

I'm looking forward to this more than Cliffs of Dover...at-last....the finished P-47! Good Luck Poncho, I've been waiting for this as-long as you have said you were fixing it.

Cheers, MP

Hey MP, good to hear from you,
Do you or anyone know what keystrokes to use to get the target selector dial to work on the K14 gunsight? I haven't used it for a while but I recall that there was a way to toggle thru potential targets (e.g. bf109, bf110, Ju88, etc.). When you did this the dial on the sight would move and the selection displayed momentarily on the HUD. I can't remember. :oops:

poncho Wrote:Hey MP, good to hear from you,
Do you or anyone know what keystrokes to use to get the target selector dial to work on the K14 gunsight? I haven't used it for a while but I recall that there was a way to toggle thru potential targets (e.g. bf109, bf110, Ju88, etc.). When you did this the dial on the sight would move and the selection displayed momentarily on the HUD. I can't remember. :oops:

You have to set up keys for it, but the command is tied to bomb sight left and right.

S!

@Poncho,

Love the new pics. Your bubble top looks fantastic. P-47D 25-27 (early) I'm guessing. Can't wait to see the D27 Late - D40 pit with the K14 in it.

S!

poncho-

just wanted to chime in and say that I've been using your razorback 'pits and I think they're splendid. Good work! In addition to making them pretty, you also seemed to eliminate a weird fps-drop-while-firing-guns issue with those P-47 cockpits, which makes my favorite planes even better to fly.

Hope that's the case with the bubble tops. Anyway, the WIP shots look great, I can't wait for the download link! Big Grin

Thanks Jinx, I was afraid I lost a feature with my JAVA tinkering.

Squiffy Wrote:poncho-

In addition to making them pretty, you also seemed to eliminate a weird fps-drop-while-firing-guns issue with those P-47 cockpits, which makes my favorite planes even better to fly.

Hope that's the case with the bubble tops. Anyway, the WIP shots look great, I can't wait for the download link! Big Grin

This is a very welcome report Squiffy. I hope this holds up. I was hoping that by consolidating all of the small meshes into larger ones that the lag issue could be cured.

poncho

Very nice job! This is a beautiful cockpit, very, very nice details ... No more FPS drop while shooting, my goodness, what else could the people possibly ask for? Big Grin

Wait, i see what, a bubble top actually :lol: BTW your Bubble tops canopy frame are excellent, and so is the rest anyway (as you should well know :wink: ).

Thank you very much for this beautiful work....

Again, Thank You very much for this 8)

PS will there be an inside cockpit mirror mod for the Bubble Tops?

Thanks Blue,

I will definitely have an inside mirror for the P47D-Late. From what I've seen the earlier Bubbletops still had external mirrors. Maybe not a big deal, but I try to be historically accurate as far as possible.

Thank you for answering Poncho: i just didn't know about the mirrors. Of course you're absolutely right about doing it as accurate as possible! Me stupid here :lol:

PS BTW Will the the turbo overspeed light work in the new version? just asking...Or is it maybe too difficult to programm?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NWaHlnI_LQ (look min 4:00)

Anyway, many thanks again for sharing your excellent work with us!

Blue,

Thanks for the link, that is helpful. I will have the turbo rpm light programmed to some extent. I'm pretty sure I can get it to turn on at 18250 rpm. Not sure if I can get it to blink just before that.

poncho

Poncho...heyyy Keep up the good work. That would be nice if you could get the turbo light working.

I have both of the bubbletops roughed out now. I need a week or two to finish them off. Here is where I am with the P47D-Late.

[Image: latetarg.jpg]

[Image: lateleft.jpg]

[Image: latelong.jpg]

[Image: latepan.jpg]

Poncho

Looking good Poncho Tongue

Planemad

+1

Looks like you're putting in a lot of hours. Keep chipping away!

Beautiful Poncho, thanks a lot for your effort giving us this great cockpits Big Grin

The artificial horizon is still showing movable parts in front of the gauge...