[Help] AI crashes when catapulted from carrier

Hi mates,

I'm working on a small non historical mission at Okinawa with a lot of Bettys and Okhas. I also added some carriers (USS ESSEX, and 2 little carriers 'Rio Sancho' and 'Bellau Wood' (don't remember the names, this is something like that ;o), with some AI Corsairs, Hellcats, Avengers and Dauntlesses. Generally Corsairs Avengers and Hellcats crashes when trying to take off, and I don't understand why. Sometimes Dauntlesses can take off.

I'm using UP2.01 with catapults, Carrier crew mod, is there something I missed ? I'm sure there is somtehing to do but don't know what, so I'm searching and I need your help ;o)

Thanks guys, I will share those missions ASAP when I will have resolve this problem.

Ted

Bonjour, camarade! Big Grin Ca va?
Do you have moving or stationery carriers? Because if they're not moving, starting A/C's can't gather enough speed to take off.
Perhaps the AI doesn't take the catapult into consideration and "thinks" it is starting without.

Also, some of the smaller carriers are too short and so provide too little runway length for heavy birds like the F4U.

My advice would be, set one large carrier on a circular course around the target area, give it max. speed and try again.

Guten Abend Kamerad !! :mrgreen:

My carriers are moving, and I can see AI using catapults. In fact at the end of the catapult, sometines the plane is going directly into the water, sometimes not... I don't understand. I will try to give more speed to my carriers, I'll keep you update ;o)

Vielen Dank für deine Hilfe !!!

Here is the link of my missions, if you want to see AI crashing...

D'accord, will give it a try! Smile

*edit* tested all three missions and had no AI crashes. I'm using UP 2.01 with Zuti MDS v1.01.

Ok it works fiinally !!!! I increased Carrier speed to 75 Km/h, and I saw only 1 plane crashed. I will give you a link here :

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...94&t=30423

Thanks Bearkiller ;o)

Strange thing is, I had no AI crashes with the original versions. Tested all three missions.
I'm using UP 2.01 with Zuti MDS v1.01. Perhaps it's a MDS issue ?!?

Anyway, thanks for the missions! 8)

Can somebody tell me where can I get the catapult mod? I really want to try it, but I don't find it T^T
Thanks in advance Big Grin