Artifacting around ships in distance....

So I FINALLY got around to making IL2 all that it can be visually, and i must say, this game still rocks after all these years. Below, I posted three pics; the first of a generally modded install with all the latest and greratest patches, UP2.01, etc, but without overridden graphics settings. Picture 2 is the same install, but I over rode all native video settings using NView and tweaked a little with Gapa gamma. this one is where the artifacting first showed up around the ships from a distance. the third photo is modded a bit more with the plutonium universal max effects pack, and while the artifacting isnt quite as bad, its stillthere; keep in mind i didnt get the screencap quite in the same poition so that might have something to do with it.

Any suggestions as to how to get rid of the artifacting around the ships?

[Image: 1-1.jpg]

[Image: 2-1.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

I don't see well, but I think it is the ShipTrail

If you look right above the carrier, you can see the little black dots....

The artifacts are generally caused by overheating of the graphics card. but I don't know that they are.

Hi resistor,

maybe trying different "il2_core.dll" and "il2_core.dll" files (in your IL-2 1946 main install) may help you.
I could upload/pm some I downloaded from another forum. Just pm me.
But to start I would definately read the parts of Fireskull's Technical help thread which are relevant for your rig..especially the "config.editor" and "setup" utility explanations helped me.
And if that's a suspect, maybe disengage all tweaking programs or parts of those for your GFX card and try again.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22314

Cheers

Tom

PS: before I tried external or add-on applications, I would probably rather try to first optimize the ingame-, setup- and config.ini settings for IL-2 and max out my graphic card's antialiasing and anisotropic filtering values. Or-vice versa-try to lower that latter ones in case of problems.

Hope you got it solved..

Tom