radio chatter

I'm using UP2.01 for Il21946. When I get into a mission I find the radio chatter to be to loud. In the game I turned the voice levels right down. Nothing happened. Thats odd. Now I.m not sure where to go to turn the volume down other than the conf.ini. In the sound section. Rather than going through the whole process I thought someone out there would simplify things by telling me exactly what to turn down. I know there are sample files and preset files but I don't think that will work?
thanks
relic

Do you've set your config.ini as read only?

There are a few ways to do it Relic,

1. As HGuardian stated, check to ensure your conf.ini isn't set to read only and that your game is not in the Program Files directory.
2. You can set radio chatter off in the game in the volume section of controls.
3. You can set radio chatter off in the conf.ini.
4. When you build or d/l missions, you can set the AI to radio silence via the FMB.

Hope this helps you out.

S!

I appreciate the info. I'm not sure how you make the conf.ini so that its read only.So I'm not sure if it is or isn't. I've tried muting the radio chater in the control section of the game. That did'nt work. I don't want to turn the radio chatter off . I just want to turn it down. In the game I went to hardware settings and then general sound settings. The voice control button doesn't do anything. I found that the music button turns the voice volume down along with the music volume, so Im not sure whats going on. It might have something to do with the config.ini.

thanks
relic

relic,

READ-Only is set by right clicking on a file. You will then see a window with a Properties tab. Click on that. In Vista and Win7, the read-only appears as an option at the bottom of that window. Put a check there. Remember to Apply it.

Any time that you want to make graphics changes of any kind, uncheck read-only to be sure that your changes are made. After you complete your settings, recheck the read-only.

Fireskull Smile

thanks for the info. I went to the conf.ini and right clicked the icon. The read only box was not checked so I checked it. How does the read only on or off affect the rest of the conf.ini especially sound files?. Now I don't have any radio chatter!!! In the Il=2 setup I checked the use radio chatter button but nothing happened. In the game under hardware setup theres a "radio" section. The radio communication switch is locked. It appears that something is off, I just don't know what.
thanks
relic

relic Wrote:thanks for the info. I went to the conf.ini and right clicked the icon. The read only box was not checked so I checked it. How does the read only on or off affect the rest of the conf.ini especially sound files?. Now I don't have any radio chatter!!! In the Il=2 setup I checked the use radio chatter button but nothing happened. In the game under hardware setup theres a "radio" section. The radio communication switch is locked. It appears that something is off, I just don't know what.
thanks
relic

relic,

As I mentioned above: Uncheck Read-Only before making any changes. To lock your setting into place, check ON the Read-only.

Chatter can be switched in the interface or changed in the conf.ini file:

[sound]
SoundUse=1
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=2
Placement=0
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=6
ObjectVolume=13
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=0
MasterVolume=13
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=1
SamplingRate=1
NumChannels=0
SoundExt.occlusions=0
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=0
SoundExt.volumefx=0
SoundFlags.voicemgr=0
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=13
Channels=2
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.85
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=1 (=0 is OFF and =1 is ON)

Really useful information; this will improve my multiplay games.

I had relic's problem with the radiochatter once.
An update of something, I forgot what exactly, had misteriously deleted 2 files: fb_hfxsounds.fsf and fb_hfxsounds01.sfs.
Copying these from a backup to the root restored the chatter.
Are these files still in your root-folder Il-2 Sturmovik?