JSGME is really screwed up...

My stupid mod enabler won't work, i double click it, and it just gives me the windows loading curser for a long time that it says "Windows Explorer is not responding" if i right click it it simple lags the crap outta my computer, takes 5 minutes, and gives me the exact same error. Thi never happened before, last time i used the mod enabler was very long ago and i haven't touch it since then, Can someone help with this?

Hi, my mod enabler is being a peice of crap right now, I doucle click it, and it loads for like 5 minutes then says "Windows explorer not responding" If I right click it (You know, to run as admin) the right click menu doesn't even pop up and it loads for 5 more damned minutes and gives me the same error, and to top all that off, I tryed posting this topic 20 minutes ago and my internet explorer woulden't respond!

Edit: about that other internet thing, it actually posted, so sorry about double posting, my internet is just reallying F-ing up today :/

Sean2323 Wrote:Hi, my mod enabler is being a peice of crap right now, I doucle click it, and it loads for like 5 minutes then says "Windows explorer not responding" If I right click it (You know, to run as admin) the right click menu doesn't even pop up and it loads for 5 more damned minutes and gives me the same error, and to top all that off, I tryed posting this topic 20 minutes ago and my internet explorer woulden't respond!

Edit: about that other internet thing, it actually posted, so sorry about double posting, my internet is just reallying F-ing up today :/
All these window explorer and internet explorer errors and you concluded it is a problem with mod enabler (JSGME)?

Try installing the newer version on top - or simply ditch it and run everything thru your MODS folder instead, just make sure you delete the extra folder each time.

Pls post your jsgme.ini (should be in the root directory of IL-2 along with the JSGME.exe) If these are missing, then we can rebuild them quite easily.
Also pls post your path to IL-2 as JSGME depends on this and stores the location in the JSGME.ini file.

S!

ACE-OF-ACES Wrote:
Sean2323 Wrote:Hi, my mod enabler is being a peice of crap right now, I doucle click it, and it loads for like 5 minutes then says "Windows explorer not responding" If I right click it (You know, to run as admin) the right click menu doesn't even pop up and it loads for 5 more damned minutes and gives me the same error, and to top all that off, I tryed posting this topic 20 minutes ago and my internet explorer woulden't respond!

All these window explorer and internet explorer errors and you concluded it is a problem with mod enabler (JSGME)?

Yes it is, because i tested about 25 other applications and they all worked fine, even one a purposly screwed with to try and make crash worked better, plus windows never gave me this much errors and i don't have a single virus.

{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:Pls post your jsgme.ini (should be in the root directory of IL-2 along with the JSGME.exe) If these are missing, then we can rebuild them quite easily.
Also pls post your path to IL-2 as JSGME depends on this and stores the location in the JSGME.ini file.

S!

ok

ini
Code:
[MODS FOLDER]
Name=jsgmemods
[FORM SIZE]
Main Height=442
Main Left=129
Main Top=154
Main Width=608
Main WindowState=0

[JSGME DETAILS]
FullPath=C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\JSGME.exe

And the path is in the ini.

Sean,

First, I merged your other thread into this one as they were the same topic. :wink:

Now then......
Next question..... Are you using Windows Vista or Win7?
If so, move the IL2 directory out of Program Files.

ie... Create a new folder in C: called Games (C:\Games) and move your whole IL-2 directory into it.
It would then look something like this.... C:\Games\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

If you're still using WinXP, post back and we'll start digging a bit deeper.

S!

{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:Sean,

First, I merged your other thread into this one as they were the same topic. :wink:

Now then......
Next question..... Are you using Windows Vista or Win7?
If so, move the IL2 directory out of Program Files.

ie... Create a new folder in C: called Games (C:\Games) and move your whole IL-2 directory into it.
It would then look something like this.... C:\Games\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

If you're still using WinXP, post back and we'll start digging a bit deeper.

S!

Crap, people keep telling me to move stuff to games cuz i have vista... guess i should start doing, only reason i did'nt was because after a little while the games would work perfectly... i'll do that now, thanks.