detailed airfield

Can anyone recommend a high quality, detailed airfield for download? I've made one or two airfields for coop use with moving vehicles, bicycles, static aircraft, various objects, lights and so on and I imagine some of you guys out there have probably created some realy good airfields.

It would be great to look at some elses airfield/field/aerodrome/airport with all the trimmings where one could taxi and see lots of detail; fighter or bomber, it doesn't matter. All the airfields I've seen so far (from Mission4Today, for example) are rather sparse. I know I can build my own - which I do by adding a little more more detail each time I update some of my coop missions - but I'm sure there's some really good ones to exploit.

Suggested specification:
good location in well-detailed scenery area, major runway(s), taxiways, control tower, hangers, maintenance hangers, transporation area, fire and rescue, service areas, munitions storage, ancillary buildings, limited accomodations, fuel storage, anti-aircraft defences, shelters, static figures, farms and villages nearby, smoke in countryside, static aircraft parked on apron, static aircraft in revetments, static aircraft on dispersal, AI aircraft ready to taxi, AI aircraft in circuit, AI aircraft in locality, lots of static vehicles, lots of AI vehicles/motor bikes/bicycles going about their business, loads of local power line poles, major HV power lines running near, fixed and optional lighting, fencing around perimeter, internal fencing - you get the idea - loads of minor but interesting objects.

Hi karla,

I can't help you with a ready-to-go airfield - but I can recommend this tool: "Quick Object Tool" by 13/JG5_Tigger
It will help you to build very quick and easy an airfield with a lot of things.
I'm using it for building airfields, at first it might be a bit tricky - but I think it's worth while!

Have a try! Good luck and fun!

Jambo :wink:

There are heaps of mission templates (including pre-made airfields) at M4T http://www.mission4today.com/index.php? ... loads&c=95

Thanks Jambo, I'll look and try it out but I don't mind using the old IL2 method. I really want to know if there's a great airfield already done for us to share.

Hey Salmo, I already use M4T - but could you point me to just one really good and highly detailed airfield with plenty of activity, thanks?