IL2 4.10m patch trouble

Hello, I am having trouble loading the new 4.10m patch. The instruction say not to download over Modded game. Then I install the 4.10 patch, the game does not load or work. I install 4.09M patch and it works. What did I do? Do I have to re-install the game without mods and then install 4.10 over the 4.09 patch and then re-install the mods? Any help would sure be appreciated for this old fart! I just know enough about computers to get me in trouble and I always need help when they change things. Took me 2 days just to figure out how to install the ultra pack.
Thanks in advance,
Holy Moley 2:~))

Like you said:

Dont download over modded game.

Currently most mods will not work with 4.10m.

Reinstall your game.

Il-2 1946->4.08m->4.09->UltraPack->run Ultrapack update and restore

that way you'lll get 4.10 to your JSGME.

4.10 patch.......here we go again ....most of us are NOT very clever with pc stuff....we only want to play a game.
at 75 its darn hard keeping up with all this must have mods and patches or you cant join a server or coop.
in the past a patch went over an existing game state reasonably easily......yeah gave me headaches for a while but this latest one has given me migrain!
in past updates i have lost lots of missions mods etc ,some self made others downloads, all in the keeping up with the jonses syndrome.....devs surely people are satisfied with the game by now?please leave it alone!....409 was great job.......imho it didnt need any more tweeking
this time it looked a simple one but has ended up a complete balls up.
im not sure i want to make myself ill trying to sort it out ....i still have 4.08 and 4.09 and jgsme working but 4.10 is hiding in the bowels of the hard disk and refuses to come out.
as servers seem all going 4.10 and coops too i think i will leave the online scene sadly and play the great game offline with my own missions.
....oh i cant find this updater .exe anywhere in my game versions .......yes suppose can go back to square one but its been some time and im affraid i may get into more mess so decline this ,surely a patch should go over the last patch? ...no wonder people are disappearing from the game i did say some months ago the plethora of mods ,updates and yes the cheats used by some big ego people would kill il2...cant be far off from that now perhaps?
happy new year all you flight sim fans
roll on the next one.
~FoD~WunWinglo

First welcome WUNWINGLO to the AAS IL2 site. Big Grin

You might what to look here at what has been said so you can have both.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30790

Deutschmark

KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:Reinstall your game.

I don't understand anything about anything when it comes to patching IL-2. The simple task of installing 4.08 beat me back then, 4.09 gave me gray hair but this 4.10 thing... It's something completely different.

Is there a real guide for DUMMIES somewhere? I've been googling for hours and going back and forth on these forums but I can't find anything. :S

Cheers!

install your game from the disk or what ever you have.
#1===>4.07m check to see if game works.
#2===>install 4.08m patch see if game works
#3===> install 4.09m patch see if game works
#4===>install 4.10m patch see if game works.

Thats it.

DO NOT HAVE ANY MODS OR ANYTHING BEFORE HAND. CLEAN INSTALL. :mrgreen:

skyomish Wrote:install your game from the disk or what ever you have.

Thats it.

And the 4.09 skin pack if you want different default skins

Planemad

Planemad Wrote:
skyomish Wrote:install your game from the disk or what ever you have.

Thats it.

And the 4.09 skin pack if you want different default skins

Planemad
Thanks guys. And Planey (may I call you Planey?), I'm a big fan of cosmetics as far as aeroplanes are concerned. I'll try to find the skinpack.

Yeah you can call me Planey - 4.09M Skin Pack http://mission4today.com/index.php?name ... ls&id=3761

Planemad

KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:Reinstall your game.

but not modded Sad