the ground

ive been thinking about shooting down aicraft frum the ground.i mean ya know those aaa guns in fmb artillery section. could you play as them instead of aircraft :?:

Good idea! It would be very fun shooting down low flying planes with a 40mm Bofors or something like that. Flak could be controled by mouse as it is at the gunner positions on aircrafts. Maybe some skilled programmer could make this possible...

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

It is very possible to do this yes.

cammoammo Wrote:ive been thinking about shooting down aicraft frum the ground.i mean ya know those aaa guns in fmb artillery section. could you play as them instead of aircraft :?:
you know what, you can help that hunger by playing Aces High II for awhile, you can play as Ship gunner from different ships and use AAA from fields

http://www.hitechcreations.com/

I know nothing about modding, but this could be achieved by creating a "flyable" object that is, in reality, an airfield. Then, you could switch player control among the AAA sites in the same way you can switch among gunner positions in a bomber.

On the other hand, i think this would require quite a hard modding work. Instead, since we already have a "jeep" mod, it could be easier to mod a playable Wirberlwind or something like that.

Also consider that, while the idea sounds interesting, playing as AAA could be rather frustrating. That means waiting endlessly for enemy aircraft to arrive, then firing thousands of shells at microscopic, fast targets which are miles away (And I hardly score hits at 500 metres when I fly a plane :oops: ). Shooting anything down would be just a matter of luck, actually.

The game already features a similar thing. Among US single missions there is one where you are put in a Dauntless with no fuel, and you are supposed to shoot attacking Zeros with your rear gun. Try it, and you'll get get what I mean.

Oscarito Wrote:Good idea! It would be very fun shooting down low flying planes with a 40mm Bofors or something like that. Flak could be controled by mouse as it is at the gunner positions on aircrafts. Maybe some skilled programmer could make this possible...

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
yesyesyes! thats what imean.

ps.Also consider that, while the idea sounds interesting, playing as AAA could be rather frustrating. That means waiting endlessly for enemy aircraft to arrive, then firing thousands of shells at microscopic, fast targets which are miles away (And I hardly score hits at 500 metres when I fly a plane ). Shooting anything down would be just a matter of luck, actually
well well need a relly good zoomed gunsight Big Grin

EDIT

And if cant be them as a player then hows about new artillery and tanks.so far the best and biggest gun on the ground is the karl geret megatank Smile .can a modder make more bigger,weirder,posibly more detailed tank and\or artillery :?:

cammoammo Big Grin

cammoammo Wrote:EDIT

And if cant be them as a player then hows about new artillery and tanks.so far the best and biggest gun on the ground is the karl geret megatank Smile .can a modder make more bigger,weirder,posibly more detailed tank and\or artillery :?:

cammoammo Big Grin

Why?

What is the use of bigger tanks and guns?

And there are already better detailed Tanks and Artillery packs somewhere on this site but don't have the link sorry.

i dunno i just thought it would be cool :roll:

Well, since we already fly "what if" planes like the Lerche or the Ta-183, a modded P.1000 Ratte or something like that could be nice :wink:

[Image: P__1000_Ratte_Tank_Cutaway_by_VonBrrr.jpg]
[Image: LandkreuzerPRatte1000.jpg]

That would be good for a great "destroy the monster" mission! :twisted:

Hay Serpiko she looks like one AWESOME super boss tank :twisted:

Planemad

reminds me of the Mammoth Tank in Red Alert

Serpiko Wrote:Well, since we already fly "what if" planes like the Lerche or the Ta-183, a modded P.1000 Ratte or something like that could be nice :wink:

[Image: P__1000_Ratte_Tank_Cutaway_by_VonBrrr.jpg]
[Image: LandkreuzerPRatte1000.jpg]

That would be good for a great "destroy the monster" mission! :twisted:
Confusedhock:
if we can do that we can make a mobile airport :lol: well not relly but i would be be funny Big Grin

Well one could simply make an existing tank alot bigger but then it would be of terrible quality and the textures would be distorted, and plus, it may be a game limitation to the size of this thing, you might experience heaps of lag when looking at it and the game may crash.

In game, it would be a kind of land-based battleship. As a matter of fact, that's exactly what this tank was projected to be.

As you can imagine, Hitler was enthusiast with this idea, dreaming of these beasts rolling over whole enemy divisions. But engineers and tank experts took very little to realize that the "Landkreuzer" would have never been anything more than a draw on paper.

In fact, despite any effort in the design, the concept itself with such a large tank would prove totally useless on the field:

-Extremely difficult and expensive to build and maintain;
-Very slow (let alone the fuel consumption!);
-No bridge could resist under its weight, nor could roads, and it couldn't move but on very solid, open and flat terrain;
-A big fat target for enemy planes.