How will CK stand out?

I think this is a valid question. What will make CK stand out over sims like ROF? There really hasn't been much of a push in marketing since it was declared that CK was going retail.

Well I think the difference is that CK is being created by some Ex Modders in cooperation with a simulation platform develepor of some kind, and that Rise Of Flight has a huge team of experts, funding and resources.

I think that is the difference, and CK will be what it is, so I would also like to know this, although not having played Rise Of Flight myself.

I think CK will be a more personal game as in we are watching it be made, e.g. pictures and that we have all different people e.g. skinners, Map makers, mission makers and Mod Members - were as RoF doesn't really have that feel RoF is an Amazing game with its flight and damage models, but I do think CK will be better in the long run, were as RoF is fun but for how long until people don't was to buy new aircraft?

Planemad

Am on my way to the doctors when I get back I will be happy to answer to this

Deutschmark

So what will CK have that will set it apart from RoF and other sims as well.
In CK you will be able to operate many different kinds of of game pieces.
I will list them, machine gun nest, AA guns, heavy artillery, tanks, armored cars,
Ships, subs, observation balloons and planes, also once we have fully developed
Human on the ground you be able to operate a foot solder as well.
And all these game pieces are what they are, a ship is a ship and has the physics
Of a ship and not a plane's physics trying to act like a ship.

I hope that gives you all some insight of what will set CK apart from the rest.

Deutschmark

Thanks. It does answer my question. With such a huge arrangement of mission options, I will remain interested to the release. I'm not sure of this, but, this type of sim has never been developed before. We could be talking a couple hundred human controlled objects at any one time doing their own thing. Mighty big accomplishment to say the least.

Sounds like this is becoming more of a WW1 Combat Simulation, whether this is good or not, is yet to be seen...

Deutschmark Wrote:So what will CK have that will set it apart from RoF and other sims as well.
I will list them, machine gun nest, AA guns, heavy artillery, tanks, armored cars,
And all these game pieces are what they are, a ship is a ship and has the physics

Deutschmark

ArmA 3 Canvas Knight :lol:

And I hope the Doctors went well.

Planemad

Planemad Wrote:
Deutschmark Wrote:So what will CK have that will set it apart from RoF and other sims as well.

Deutschmark

ArmA 3 Canvas Knight :lol:

And I hope the Doctors went well.

Planemad
Does the CK feature cows? It's the animal most seen in video games, at least the ones I've played.

[Image: CowCK.jpg]

:mrgreen:

Also birds, fish, cat and others Big Grin

Deutschmark

Sorry DM had to make it into Cows in No Man's Land

Enjoy (Click to enlarge)

[Image: cowck.jpg]

Planemad

I believe ROF had funding problems, in the beginning at least, remeber the game on DVD was first released with only 2 flyable aircraft. I guess they had to release it early and get some sales going as many felt it was an unpolished game, a year or so on with all the updated and extra planes I heard its now receiving more respect from the sim community.

Canvas Knight to include all that? Thats a mammoth task to achieve, but I don't see the point in calling the game CK anymore if you can be infantry, driving tanks, subs, boats......

Ah but just remember canvas knight - was the name of the old Il-2 Mod, Its does soudd better than 'Over Olegs Fields' (god thats old) as its not over olegs fields anymore :lol:

And the majority of the game will be aerial warfare based. Also 'Knights' is a great term as they we're last true knight duelling in the sky's above No Man's Land - So I for one thing its a great name and would heat to see it changed :evil:

Planemad

I can't think of a better name but that's assuming it stays a WW1 flight sim at heart.

You can fly bombers in ROF now, you can be a crew member as well and aim the mounted machine gun with your mouse, will CK have all these nice features?

Richthofen Skies was a sim I actually quite liked and they had battleships in that game, sadly the community was really small and servers have since shut down. I'm willing to support CK when it comes out, I'm guessing summer time? To achieve everything I'm guessing DM will keep working on updates and stuff even after the game is officially released right?

I was wondered about on-line support too, how many players at once would this game allow for?

In CK you will be able to fly big bombers and two seat and man all positions and multi cure
The same with ships and subs and any other vehicles that has more then one position.
CK will be the whole of WW1 with all fronts by way of expiation packs.
The first release of CK will allow up to 64 players in one server, we are looking to make a
Server package that will allow even more once the first release is out.

Hope that answers your questions.
Deutschmark