[WIP] WestFront 1944

This topic will continue the work in progress for the new map I'm doing based on an extended Asheshouse BoF map.

This Work will be released with a few maps covering battles on western front from 1939 to 1945.
The first one will be a winter map suited for Dec.44 to Feb.45 scenario (Battle of the Bulge & Bodenplatte operations).

Area & airfields :
[Image: 309573WestFrontwinterbases.jpg]

Looks like its going to be a nice map, could make some nice Missions/Campaigns with this :Smile)

Planemad

Planemad Wrote:Looks like its going to be a nice map, could make some nice Missions/Campaigns with this :Smile)

Planemad
I agree ;o)

Thanks, and Can't wait :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Looking forward to this one! Big Grin The only airbase i'm missing is Soesterberg, the Netherlands, between Amersfoort and Utrecht. I hope it's possible to include Soesterberg too.

Regards,

Hawker17.

Kudos to you taking on such a large project! A great idea!

Including Arnhem! Interesting.

A few screens for the winter map:

A part of Antwerp city:
[Image: 314205anvers.jpg]

Sunset over Ardennes:
[Image: 899104ardennessun.jpg]

Duisburg area :
[Image: 485479duisburg.jpg]

English coast (high alt.):
[Image: 66261913UKhigh.jpg]

NL coast (high alt.):
[Image: 47081913NLhigh.jpg]

Great!!!!!

I often use the Ash_BoF MAP to play some 8th air force mission....So your Map will be cool for me....

Of course I deream to go West...to Berlin....

Any chances?

bye bye

JIM

Yes, looks very nice and well done indeed! Big Grin

And yes - I would like to see a nice map of Germany as well! :wink:

Jambo :wink:

Quote:I often use the Ash_BoF MAP to play some 8th air force mission....So your Map will be cool for me....

Berlin ? not a single chance !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The most famous goal will probably be the Ruhr (Duisburg/Oberhausen/Mulheim/Essen) and the longest raid could be Raydon to Trier (more than an hour of flight without return)

Hi Gilb57,

That's a great-looking map! I especially like how you did the cities (Antwerp, Duisburg, etc.). This looks like a rather labour-intensive project. Thanks for taking on such a big job.

Best of success with this. Looking forward to the final version of this map.

Cheers,

RB

Holy Kristus!
That looks awesome...
kap

Great looking screenshots ... I live in Antwerp and I can say right now that the shot above is one of the most realistic of the area made for a sim ... wonderful work. Looking forward to the release.

ooh hoo hoo sessy

A few airfields :

[Image: 764162westfront44airfields01.jpg]