Troubles Installing and Activating HistoMod ...HELP?

Followed instructions. When I start the game no joy!!!!

What version of the game are you running?

S!

409M for Histomod 4.0

After 409m had you installed any mod activator, before installing Histo?

I installed JSGME mod installer

In this case, follow the read-me, this should be good, you had forgotten one stage somewhere.
Check that your folders are not named twice; ie: 000_Korea/000_Korea/Mods and so on
instead of: 000_korea/mods and so on

Lebig, I am still having troubles. Sorry. I can't seem to find the Original air.ini to compare with the HistoMod. I believe that is all I need to do now to get the game running.

I don't know why you are lokking for the "original" air.ini.
Histo one is a copy of the one (UP 2.01) you told about, with the FM from Histo and some goodies on the orders of the aircrafts.
According to me you are doing something wrong: or you want to stick to your previous install, and Histo is different , or you want to tweak Histo, it is not impossible, but you need time ( to re-install or to do it again) or solid knowledges about the way choosen by moders.
Let me know with more details your problems!!

(6_Open your air.ini (in your save folder) and the Histo air.ini (MODS/STD/com/maddox/il2/objects/air.ini) (by txt or wordpad).
Compare the list of aircrafts and now it is a little bit more complicated:
The first lines of the air.ini are rerolled for Korea and specific theater.
You will find some stock aircrafts and some additional from Histo or other moders.

If you have one aircraft in the "Histo air ini" and you don't have it in your "saved air.ini", you have to "mask it", because you don't have the specific folders to lauch it (then CTD). Just put // in front of the line.
ie: //A-20DB7 air.A_20B 1 usa01 SUMMER)

This is my Problem. ( Open your air.ini (in your save folder)
I can not find air.ini to put in a saved folder.

If you are playing with UP, your original air.ini is here:
Il2/Files/com/maddox/objects/air.ini
If the install is good, this file will not be read by the game, thus the air.ini in the MODS folder is read first.
You don't need to mask any aircraft nowhere! Don't touch to the Histo air.ini, neither the UP one!
They are independant.

Do I need to be running UP? I follow the directions. Install and activate but when I start the game no HistoMod. When I start the game I have 4.09M stock.

No you don't need UP.
As it is explained in another post in this forum, there are some directions to install withh AAA activator.
The most part of the mistakes are:"I think your folders are, perhaps, in double form: 000_Korea/000_Korea/ MODS and Files/ and so on.
The correct form is 000_Korea/MODS anf Files/ and so on."

I'm sorry LeBig, to be so much trouble. I checked my folders and they are ok. Not double. I have installed other mods and have never had this much trouble. Could you please explain how to install these mods without an activator. I want to have a dedicated IL-2 installation for HistoMod. And again thanks for your patience.

If I understand you have no JSGME, but a 4.09m with SAS or AAS activator (you have a lod folder in your game)

Yes I have JSGME but it does not seem to activate. The files are transfered to IL-2. When I try to start IL-2 It starts as a Stock game with 409m