Computer shut down

i'm curious... i've wondered how long it takes for everyone else's computer to shut down. MY computer: after all day use, it takes 5-9 secs to shut off completely right after hitting shut down button

what about you guys?

Well about 5 - 15 seconds

Planemad

About 30 seconds, I don't understand how hard is it for the engineers of Microsoft to make it shut down faster.

KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:About 30 seconds, I don't understand how hard is it for the engineers of Microsoft to make it shut down faster.
then pull the plug out of the wall next time then, then you'll make a new record here Smile

about 15 secnds.. okay for me

instant shutdown :lol: :lol: :lol: when unplug and maybe 20 seconds when normal

From 20-30 seconds up to 10 minutes :!: when applying auto-updates

Cool. 8)

Everyone here so far probably has normal shutdown time. If it takes much more than 30 seconds, then something would be wrong, but upto about 30 seconds is normal for some people who have a bunch of things opened in their older computer. Most people should see it shutdown a lot sooner than 30 seconds.

By the way, it does no harm to the computer to put it in Hibernate instead of Shutdown if you are only going to be gone from the computer - say - overnight. If you have work to continue the next day or open windows and programs, then the computer will take you to where you were when you pushed the Hibernate button. An exception would be that it will not place you in a mission where you left it. Tongue

Pushing Shutdown while some programs are running can cause problems, so close things first then Shutdown. It's like putting the car in Park and then turning off the key.

Thread was moved to PC Technical Help by me.

Fireskull