Adding Planes mods,& maps to HSFX 5.0

Before I go too far in this install( actually installs : a virgin 4.101 install & over the SAS modded install-both work BTW but in the SAS install I've disabled the existing "Mods" Folder...)) I want to be clear on the absolutely right way to add maps , mods & planes .In every other modded version I've been doing most of these things would be placed in a "Mods "folder with STD files inside,AND using JSGME for mods designed for that purpose( usually that include a files folder first...) As far as I can see in HSFX 5.0 (Edited) install there is no "Mods" folder included & all these new planes & maps are in Files folder...right so far? So what to do? Make a "Mods "folder & proceed like before,add effects & planes here & change STD in files folder? ? What about the myriad of effects in my other installs-new Mods folder or add them to JSGME? Should I make a new MapsMods folder for the new Mods folder & add new maps here?
I did read thru the various readmes that came with this great mod package , but somehow I've missed this instructional on these issues..I apologize if it is right there & I just missed it & now am asking a stupid question.
Also do I keep updating SAS buttons in the Gui folder?
This is a great package & I want to do it right( for a change!!!) Smile
Thanks!

Hi,

HSFX 5.0 Simple Mod Guide
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=31573

Dietz Wrote:Before I go too far in this install( actually installs : a virgin 4.101 install & over the SAS modded install-both work BTW but in the SAS install I've disabled the existing "Mods" Folder...)) I want to be clear on the absolutely right way to add maps , mods & planes .In every other modded version I've been doing most of these things would be placed in a "Mods "folder with STD files inside,AND using JSGME for mods designed for that purpose( usually that include a files folder first...) As far as I can see in HSFX 5.01 (Fireskull: HSFX 5.0 is the subject here, not 5.01.)install there is no "Mods" folder included & all these new planes & maps are in Files folder...right so far? So what to do? Make a "Mods "folder & proceed like before,add effects & planes here & change STD in files folder? ? What about the myriad of effects in my other installs-new Mods folder or add them to JSGME? Should I make a new MapsMods folder for the new Mods folder & add new maps here?
I did read thru the various readmes that came with this great mod package , but somehow I've missed this instructional on these issues..I apologize if it is right there & I just missed it & now am asking a stupid question.
Thanks!

Hello, Dietz

I made this into a Sticky Topic.

Do they have the 5.01 this soon? Wow! That was fast! Confusedhock:

They released HSFX 5.0 very recently.

Fireskull

Ooooops sorry My bad-5.0!
...sticky...?

Hi,

Dietz Wrote:Before I go too far in this install( actually installs : a virgin 4.101 install & over the SAS modded install-both work BTW but in the SAS install I've disabled the existing "Mods" Folder...)) I want to be clear on the absolutely right way to add maps , mods & planes .In every other modded version I've been doing most of these things would be placed in a "Mods "folder with STD files inside,AND using JSGME for mods designed for that purpose( usually that include a files folder first...) As far as I can see in HSFX 5.0 (Edited) install there is no "Mods" folder included & all these new planes & maps are in Files folder...right so far? So what to do? Make a "Mods "folder & proceed like before,add effects & planes here & change STD in files folder? ? What about the myriad of effects in my other installs-new Mods folder or add them to JSGME? Should I make a new MapsMods folder for the new Mods folder & add new maps here?
Thanks!

Good day,

Dietz, for the sake of the readers, it's important to mention that installation is:

Read the installation instructions here:
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=31515

QUOTE Monguse:
1: Patch il2 Sturmovik 46 to Full 4.10.1 m
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detail : The HSFX 5.0, requires an install of Il-2 Sturmovik 1946, plus Patches 4.08 and 4.09 4.10 & 4.10.1.

No other previous Patches are needed. Version 5.0 includes all the HSFX developments from the beginning, plus the new content of version 5.0.

For user's with previous versions of The HSFX installed, the Version 5.0 Installer will replace the previous versions mods & files folders if present.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 : If you downloaded IL-2 (Digital version), instead of installing from the CD, get update Patch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detail : If you have the digital download version of il2 Sturmovik 1946, and have not installed from the CD, you will need to download and apply this patch :-
(END quote)

Direct Link to the special patch for the digital download 1946:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sx1y4s0bb5edkas

Also available at SAS:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1531.0.html

(If you have the DVD version - disk- of 1946, then this special patch is not needed.)

One of the very top developers of HSFX wrote to me in PM that the basic structure of HSFX 5.0 is the same as HSFX before this.

Given that information, some mods are best installed in a MODS folder in the registry. Within the MODS folder, certain mods will require another one, such as MAPMODS or MODS. Some have their own installer to handle creating folders and files.

Follow the instructions given by the modder who created the mod on how to best install his mod.

With that said, various mods will be installed according to instructions.

Many mods can be installed into the JSGME Mods Enabler. Others are installed into files.

Most mods are quite easy to install, as you know.

I hope that this helps. Smile

Fireskull

Thanks Fireskull for a better explanation...I found I needed to "install" all the new folders in a separate folder & then "paste" them into the game main folder manually.This may be just a fault of my install in that the usual point installation to my game folder didn't seem to work ( I know it should have - I have no explanation..) Having said all that this is an amazing patch improvement.In initial run thru I notice nice improvements in map textures & sounds...terrific default effects as well...so much so that i recommend you go slowly with importing "old" effects,because a.) you might not need them & b.) they may cause conflicts. As a PM response so aptly commented "Its been out only one day & you are already adding mods to it?"
I did need to add widescreen4.10 for sure & will add a few planes for campaigns I started elsewhere- this will be the place for my default game play.So much good here its hard to know where to start!
On the small problem side ( & this just might be me) egine start exhaust when viewed from insude the plane ( esp in one of the lovely perfect 109's) is very horsey looking...very much like smoke in original Il-2 from way back.I'll take a screenshot if anyone wants to see this effect.
In any case- big thumbs up!

Dietz Wrote:Thanks Fireskull for a better explanation...I found I needed to "install" all the new folders in a separate folder & then "paste" them into the game main folder manually.This may be just a fault of my install in that the usual point installation to my game folder didn't seem to work ( I know it should have - I have no explanation..) Having said all that this is an amazing patch improvement.In initial run thru I notice nice improvements in map textures & sounds...terrific default effects as well...so much so that i recommend you go slowly with importing "old" effects,because a.) you might not need them & b.) they may cause conflicts. As a PM response so aptly commented "Its been out only one day & you are already adding mods to it?"
I did need to add widescreen4.10 for sure & will add a few planes for campaigns I started elsewhere- this will be the place for my default game play.So much good here its hard to know where to start!
On the small problem side ( & this just might be me) egine start exhaust when viewed from insude the plane ( esp in one of the lovely perfect 109's) is very horsey looking...very much like smoke in original Il-2 from way back.I'll take a screenshot if anyone wants to see this effect.
In any case- big thumbs up!

Dietz,

Yeah, me too: HSFX 5.0 will be my main base for mods and flying, though I will try 1 or 2 other mod pack releases.

Sometimes there is more than one way to install a mod, as I am sure that you know. Did you do the hash count? That is very important.

Anyway...

Your glowing report on how you like it makes me more eager to explore this mega mod pack. Big Grin

Fireskull

Hash Count...no I've never done that before - is it in readme? Can you walk me thru it?

Dietz,

The instructions for hash sum counting is in the thread by Monguse here:

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=31515

Hash sum is the preferred method in order to ensure that all files are received intact with no corrupt files. Monguse gives a link to one hash sum utility but there are others available. I would go with the one recommended to ensure that you don't get a malware fake one.

Fireskull

I am curious ...
Why did they neuter 6DoF? That was a mistake. At least they could have given us a little lateral movement... even if it was just enough to look around the joystick.. or am I doing this wrong. When I enable HSFX and then try to enable 6DoF it tells me that that has already been set by HSFX..
How can I get the minimap mod to work. I figure it conflicts with the radiator settings in 4.10 since radiator is now on an axis.. but is there a way to just add the minimap mod? IMO the bidirectional minimap mod was a great mod.

Bearcat Wrote:I am curious ...
Why did they neuter 6DoF? That was a mistake. At least they could have given us a little lateral movement... even if it was just enough to look around the joystick.. or am I doing this wrong. When I enable HSFX and then try to enable 6DoF it tells me that that has already been set by HSFX..
it tells you? As in JSGME tells you? If so ignore JSGME warning and simply enalbe the 6DOF mod AFTER the HSFX mod.. All it does is over write the il2.exe that is 6DOF enabled

Thank you!! I stand corrected.. I thought that was a warning of some kind.. it works fine.. :mrgreen:

Help~~~

I'd run all step by guide~but always crash in 60%...
There're many plane mod, i just could play "tri-motor" mod in game successfully~

My step as below:
1. New install IL-2 and update to 4.10.1m
2. Install HSFX 5.0
3. Use JSGME to enable mod
4. Create MODS folder in game root
5. Paste Buttons file int mods/STD/gui/game/buttons
6. Put the new plane into mods folder and add some thing to air.ini、plane_ru、weapon_ru file if it need this.
7. Start game and then crash in 60%.....if i remove the new plane mod folder and new add file from MODS and these file (air plane_ru weapon_ru), then the game will start is well.
8. Even I just only put the tri-motor in the MODS without STD, it could works in game and well.

I tried to many plane like Lancaster、Skyraiders A-1....etc, but those failed.
Only "Tri-motor" plane mod could works well in game.

Before I reinstall IL-2, I play 4.09+HSFX4.11 very well, it install many plane and maps mod....
I hope 4.10.1 + HSFX 5 could run as well as before, could use new plane mod not just only the original.

I'd try 2 days, and have no idea about crash in 60%.......
refer link
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=28662

Sorry for my bed English...cause of it not my mother language~~~
Thank you all!!!

The Crash is because you are adding other aircraft and the FM's are not supported.

If you remember, you probably downloaded a new buttons file from SAS to support all of those other planes. (this will not be updated currently...so if you do that you will also get a CTD.)...but they have always been very on the case about this in the past so be a little patient.

In all ways the structure of v5.0 is identical to v4.1. SO you can add a MODS folder...BUT add new aircraft etc and you also need the FM to support it.

Any word on how to get the minimap mod to work.. The one that turns the minimap bidirectional... That is a great mod.. L click zoom in R click zoom out.. press scroll wheel to move map within frame press L&R to move entire map on screen.. This is actually something that TD should make a standard feature of the sim.. I think t no longer works because the radiator.. which was also made bi directional in this mod is now on a axis officially .. so perhaps it is conflicting.. or maybe the fact that Zuti si now in the official sim is the cause because that was also an issue with the mod.. but is there a way to totally isolate the minimap controls now that those other two features are officially in the sim ?

What is the recommended method for adding maps? I tried adding Gilb's beautiful repaint of the Central Med map by putting it into the file/maps folder and adding the line to the all.ini but it's not working.