How To Add Maps To QMB in HSFX 5.0?

First of all, thanks for creating a great mod pack!
I have found that HSFX 5.0, or more likely the 4.10.1 patch from TD that 5.0 is based on, does not play nice with my old QMB+ install. I tried both JSGME and a mods folder to activate this and it locked up whenever I tried to exit any mission, quick or otherwise.
So now I'm faced with wanting to mod the game's stock QMB so that I can still fly on all of the dozens of maps I had enabled in my good old QMB+. Is there any way to do this?

Never mind, I found it. I just needed to track down a copy of the readme for 4.09m and the information was in there.

Hi, Murph

Many guys are interested in this, so I made it a Sticky Topic.

Smile

Fireskull

This is what you can find in the 4.10 docs:

Quote:Adding more Missions
You can also create new missions for QMB. Your favorite map is not in? No problem, add it
yourself. First you need to create the mission in FMB and make 8 flights for each side. Use
default squadrons only. Then you have to name them properly according to certain rules. First
make a new folder in Missions/Quick/ folder. Place the mission there and make sure that the
first part of the mission name is exactly the same as the name of the folder you created. The
second part of the mission filename determines the army of the player (Red or Blue). The next
part determines the mission type (Airbase, Armor, Bridge, NoneN, NoneA, NoneD or
Scramble). The last part are two numbers for stock missions, but can be practically anything
(like DaidalosCoolestMissionsEver00001). If you have several missions which only differ in the
last part of the filename (meaning that map, army and mission type are the same), QMB will
pick one randomly when the mission is started by the player.
If you plan to share your missions with others, it's best to use internal map name which is
automatically translated to other localizations. Also it would be nice to use distinctive last part
of the filename (like Daidalos... example above), so users can combine your missions with
other authors for some variety.
There is nothing stopping you from making fake missions, for example mission named:
KievBlueArmorCoolAppendix99.mis which actually loads Norway map with None target and
player at disadvantage. The GUI elements in QMB are filled according to mission filename, not
according to what is actually written in the mission file