Maybe a big screw up with Manifold Air Pressure gage of F4U

I was just flying in the F4U-1 Corsair in the quick mission builder in HSFX 5.0.1. I started to adjust the power settings for the F4U-1 to the normal power settings of 2550 RPM and 44" MAP below 8,000'. When I looked at the Manifold Pressure Gage I saw that it only went to 50" MAP.

The gage should read up to 75" MAP. I then checked the Corsair Mk I, F4U-1A and F4U-1D. They all have the wrong gages which only read up to 50" MAP. Instead they have the same gage as the F4F Wildcat.

War Emergency Power for the F4U calls for 2700 RPM and 59" MAP which was powered by the Pratt & Whitney R-2800-8 and R-2800-8W. So in game this setting can never be reached.

I checked in HSFX 4.11 the gages all read up to 70" MAP. So I think someone screwed up big time.

-)-MAILMAN-

I kept flying the corsairs and discovered that the max manifold air pressure I could get was 48" regardless of what throttle, propeller pitch or supercharger settings I used. Does this mean that the stock Corsairs flight models have been modified?

I also noticed that the stock A6M3 had the squared off wing tips of the A6M3-32 from its introduction in Pacific Fighters right up through version 4.10.1 and also in HSFX 4.11. I now see that the stock A6M3 in HSFX 5.0 no longer has the squared off wing and is instead has the appearance of the A6M3-22. This would affect its turn rate, roll rate, range and diving speed. Does this mean that the stock A6M3 flight model has been changed?

I am using HSFX 5.0.1 and I do not have the expert mod turned on.

The only conclusion I can draw from is that an individual or collection of individuals are now modifying stock flight models. Why else would these changes show up on the stock planes? I thought the modifying of stock aircraft was prohibited.

Makes me wonder now how many other stock planes have had their FM changed that I haven't noticed.

-)-MAILMAN-