Freeze on Andalusia-Map

Apollo_13 Wrote:UP~Boomer has fixed the lock up on the Andalucia map in HSFX 5, and posted a fix over at SAS

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/t ... 8.html#new

It has absolutely nothing to do with sink holes on a map,no such thing
and nothing is being hidden on the map lol

Just something wrong with the way the load.ini was edited

[Edited by Fireskull]

[In response to original post...]

Hi all,

I found a strange bug (HSFX 5.0.1): Using the Andalusia-map, sitting in a Spit Vb 1941 on the Gibraltar runway facing West (270°). Looking forward (W, 270°) and left (South to SE, 270° to 100°) is fine, but when turning the view to the right, the screen freezes at about 10° (NNE to N). Always. Hitting Esc twice gets me out of the game and back in again. But the screen always freezes when I look in that direction.

What is there that I am not supposed to see?

oj123

oj123 Wrote:Hi all,

found a strange bug (HSFX 5.0.1): Using the Andalusia-map, sitting in a Spit Vb 1941 on the Gibraltar runway facing West (270°). Looking forward (W, 270°) and left (South to SE, 270° to 100°) is fine, but when turning the view to the right, the screen freezes at about 10° (NNE to N). Always. Hitting Esc twice gets me out of the game and back in again. But the screen always freezes when I look in that direction.

What is there that I am not supposed to see?

oj123

Hi,

This could be RAM being full or nearly so. It is possible that you have a corrupt file in IL-2, but very unlikely in this instance.

Control settings by be missing a command for the line of that view. (See the Controls settings.)

Sometimes resetting all the Control configuration will fix view problems. Make a copy and paste of your current one if you wish to preserve a record of your previous settings. Plug them into Controls after you reset the list.

Smile

Fireskull

Hi Fireskull,

tested it in FMB (Enter on map) and a mate tested it on his rig: same effect (so probably not a ram, corrupt file problem)

Asked at 242 sqadron: They say it's most likely a map error (see this post).

I am not sure, that I understand you here:
Quote:Control settings by be missing a command for the line of that view. (See the Controls settings.)
What control settings do you mean? "conf.ini"? "\Users\...\settings.ini"? BTW: I am using Freetrack with Wii remote

Artist

Hi,

Well, there might be an FPS hole when viewing in that direction.

Hopefully, the gliches can be fixed sooner rather than later.

Fireskull

Hi,

what is a "FPS hole"?

Fireskull Wrote:Hopefully, the gliches can be fixed sooner rather than later.
At 242 Squadron they made me little hope...

Artist

oj123 Wrote:Hi,

what is a "FPS hole"?

Fireskull Wrote:Hopefully, the gliches can be fixed sooner rather than later.
At 242 Squadron they made me little hope...

Artist

An FPS hole is where your FPS "sinks" severely at a particular point on the map because of the convergence of performance demands of all the 3D at that spot. All around that point, performance would be normal because graphics demand is evenly spread in those areas. Sometimes people call this an FPS sink hole where demands converge unexpectedly at a point on the map.

It is very difficult for one person - the map maker - to fly his entire map at every low altitude to test for FPS sink holes, so only a dedicated team of beta testers would have a good chance of catching all of them.

Fireskull

Thank you very much for the explanation...

I found an agracier (the maker of this map?) at m4t, I'll send him a pm...

Artist

UP~Boomer has fixed the lock up on the Andalucia map in HSFX 5, and posted a fix over at SAS

Apollo_13 Wrote:UP~Boomer has fixed the lock up on the Andalucia map in HSFX 5, and posted a fix over at SAS

That's very nice of you, Apollo_13.

Fireskull

Good news!

Applied the fix and tested it.... Cool! Works!

But..., Cat was right when he wrote here: "Even if it behaved normally you'd never get a Spitfire off the Gibraltar runway - it isn't flat! The runway plates are sticking up into the air."

Yes: There's one spot about two thirds down the runway (going from East to West) where the plates jump about 1m and prevent any successful takeoff... How to fix *that*?

Artist

Now the map does not lock up
you could use unlocked FMB to fix the runway

Apollo_13 Wrote:Now the map does not lock up
you could use unlocked FMB to fix the runway
Yeeees..., I never did a map..., just scanned the tutorial from KevinP..., I'll give it a try...

Artist

I had exactly the same situation arise a week ago as I was just examining Gibraltar before working on a mission in the FMB. I had to end IL2 and reboot, and after that my QMB no longer worked! I ended up having to reload a fresh copy of IL2HSFX5.1 I keep on a removable hard disk. Now I stay away from Gibraltar like the plague. It's evil.

Have you applied the fix of Boomer?