Hardware (disk configuration) question

My pc is getting old, and I am building a new one. I want to move my current harddisk (WD raptor - 10.000 rpm) to the new pc, and add a WD Caviar (1 TB) as well. I am wondering what configuration would give me the best performance when playing IL2: should I install the OS on the faster disk, and Il2 on the large disk, or the other way around?

panzerkeil Wrote:My pc is getting old, and I am building a new one. I want to move my current harddisk (WD raptor - 10.000 rpm) to the new pc, and add a WD Caviar (1 TB) as well. I am wondering what configuration would give me the best performance when playing IL2: should I install the OS on the faster disk, and Il2 on the large disk, or the other way around?

Correct,
Put Windows on the 10000 rpm drive and all your games/Program files on the 1tb drive.

Thanks! I have just done that, and am now struggling to get IL2 working on my Ati 6950 card.. Cry

Check your Conf.ini file first. IL-2 was made to take advantage of a lot of shader options that are Nvidia specific.
Look in your OpenGL section and all the settings with NV in them should be set to 0.

S!