Few Problems with 4.10m

The main problem is my controls do not save at all. The defaults don't even stay in there. Every time I reload the game, or join a server all the controls and "Arming" setting reset. Thats about 5-10 mins of resetting every specific control.

#2 problem is that in IL2 I can't open the button to create a new Pilot. When I click on it nothing happens like the button is dead.

Thought I would report it here. I'm not sure if it was a hickup in my installation or what since I had to change the file folder location to get it to even run.

Why can't you put it in programs folder of Win 7 to run it like anything else?

Thanks

Make your configs read-only?

T.A.Sharps Wrote:The main problem is my controls do not save at all. The defaults don't even stay in there. Every time I reload the game, or join a server all the controls and "Arming" setting reset. Thats about 5-10 mins of resetting every specific control.

#2 problem is that in IL2 I can't open the button to create a new Pilot. When I click on it nothing happens like the button is dead.

Thought I would report it here. I'm not sure if it was a hickup in my installation or what since I had to change the file folder location to get it to even run.

Why can't you put it in programs folder of Win 7 to run it like anything else?

Thanks

Hi, Sharps

It sounds as though the mod installations might be incorrect or you might need to discover the correct mod activation combination. Get either of these two wrong and things won't work right.

Windows Vista and Win 7 don't like IL-2 stock features and mods in Programs. I don't know the computer code reasons for this - just know this to be the reality.

I moved this from IL2 MODS Discussion Section 4.10m to IL-2 Technical Help forum.

Fireskull

Thanks for the replies!

I'm not sure what you mean by "mod installations might be incorrect or you might need to discover the correct mod activation combination."

Do you mean I should reinstall and reinstall everything?

I'm currently getting a computer upgrade built, I was asked if I wanted Win XP or Win 7, I have Win 7 on my laptop right now and I like it so I said Win7.

There are only a few games I play at all, 2 of them are online and take most of my gaming time, IL2 and Project Reality "PRBF2." If IL2 is going to take up a big chunk of my gaming time, and all other games run fine with XP, should I stick with XP.

Offline IL2 is pretty much the only game I play.

T.A.Sharps Wrote:Thanks for the replies!

I'm not sure what you mean by "mod installations might be incorrect or you might need to discover the correct mod activation combination."

I'm currently getting a computer upgrade built, I was asked if I wanted Win XP or Win 7, I have Win 7 on my laptop right now and I like it so I said Win7.

There are only a few games I play at all, 2 of them are online and take most of my gaming time, IL2 and Project Reality "PRBF2." If IL2 is going to take up a big chunk of my gaming time, and all other games run fine with XP, should I stick with XP.

Deactivate all of your mods and then turn them on one at the time to see which one is conflicting.

Could this problem be caused by security settings in Win7 ? It doesn't allow any changes in .ini files by default. So you have to change user account security settings on the lowest security level and everything should work fine.
I had to do this when I started using Win7 and installed IL-2 in Program Files folder.

- Jami

T.A.Sharps Wrote:Thanks for the replies!

T.A. Sharps,

Win 7 is fine for IL-2 after you work around a few issues.

Install IL-2 outside Program Files. There really should be no need for drastic changes with IL-2 outside Programs Files. If IL-2 is in Program Files, then the user can simply move it rather than reinstall everything.

Along these lines, I almost always have the IL-2 folder as a major folder in the disk which my operating system uses. Next to IL-2, can be Windows, AppData, and so forth. It actually improves the performance of IL-2 a tiny amount to have the file path as short as possible compared to a long file path. The main issue is to avoid Program Files for IL-2.

Fireskull

Does it matter where I put the folder? As far as having the shortest address wouldn't it be best then if I put it right under C drive with no connecting folder?

T.A.Sharps Wrote:Does it matter where I put the folder? As far as having the shortest address wouldn't it be best then if I put it right under C drive with no connecting folder?

Sharps,

Open a couple windows, one for current location and one for C: (Did you know that a "disk" is actually considered a folder?) Highlight the C: with a click. Go to the old location of IL-2 folder and right click on that. A window will appear with options and you choose to move the folder. Click on Move and select the destination.

This is safer than dragging a folder, which sometimes results in releasing it to the wrong location - keeping a good habit going.

Smile

Fireskull