HSFX 5.0 Sounds

Hello!

Just downloaded and Install HSFX 5.0. Great Work! Congratulations.
But unfortunately sound related changes are a little bit disappointing.
That wonderfull Merlin's sound of Spitfires were lost Sad . Same with Messerschmitt's Daimler Sad . Nose mounted machine guns of Bf-109E's are almost inaudible from cockpit Sad .
Downloaded and install the sound fix file but did not notice any improvement.
Can I go back to sounds of HSFX 4.0+IL2 4.09 by adding some Mod?

Thank You for Attention!

Yes, you can add sound mods, I have installed my custom sound mod in HSFX 5.0, but I don’t know if there is a sound mod of HSFX 4.0+IL2 4.09.

I have the same problem with the sound of the guns. They are inaudible, there is a way to make them more audible or there is a sound mod for the guns good for HSFX 5.01?
TICI

A good solution, you enable sounds default:

[Image: soundsdefault.jpg]

Tried the default sound but besides losing the better sound of the planes the guns are very low as before, no change. If it can only be possible to increase the volume of the guns or replace them with a sound mod would be ok.
TICI

I remember I changed some sounds with an audio editor, the sounds have extesion .wav.

I found a solution for the Mgs. I installed the "303,20mm,50 Cal." Sound mod from Jafa and it works or at least the mgs are more audible. I installed it via MODS folder but you first have to create a new folder which I called MGS then you have to create two more new folder called Presets and Samples. You put inside the Presets folder the files ending in prs. and you put inside the Samples folder the files ending in wav.Then you put both folders inside the MGS folder and put the MGS folder inside the MODS folder in your game. I tested it with the Mgs of a B17 and an ME 109 and now you can hear better the Mgs.
Off course if someone come out with a better solution please let me know,
TICI

For now, there is a new HSFXSound.sfs file.
You can download it from here.

Once you have it, put it into the root directory of your IL-2 installation.

S!

ton414 Wrote:I remember I changed some sounds with an audio editor, the sounds have extesion .wav.
Excelent Idea!

But... where are these sounds? :roll:
It seems to me that sounds samples list is not in the game root anymore.

By the way, the new fg_hfxsounds.sfs file seems to make no difference.

Quote:For now, there is a new HSFXSound.sfs file.
You can download it from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26976891/fb_hfxsounds.sfs.

Updated, corrects some gun sounds etc