Radio Broadcast

Hi!

Could you please tell me how can I listen the radio broadcast in IL-2 v4.101?
I've been following the instructions from 4.101 guide with no success. Sad
That's what i did in my IL-2 v4.101 unmmoded copy of the game:
1.In FMB, put the Grossdeutcher_Rundfunk stationary object in the map
2.In "Controls", assigned a key for "next beacon"
3.In game directory, put a folder with .wav clips in Samples\Music\Radio\Grossdeutcher_Rundfunk
4. In game settings, Play Music "On", all difficulties options "On"
Well, that's what I think should be done, but after pressing "next beacon" nothing happens except the inflight message "Beacon_ID...etc" :roll:

Any Help will be fully appreciated!! :wink:

Did you assign the radio to an army group, either Red or Blue ?

Is there a hill or mountain in between you and the radio?

You shore you have 'realistic navigation' in the difficulty settings turned on?

Other then that the wav file might not be IL-2's specifics so you might want to try another wav file; http://www.mission4today.com/index.php? ... oads&c=586

Yes! I've got some radio broadcasting now.
I guess the problem is related to the files itselves. As I can see just a few of such files available for download are really working in game...
Thank you Mate! Big Grin

I cant listen to any broadcast and i´ve followed those instructions! I press the keys assigned to the next and previous beacon and it does nothing. Any tips?

The Corsair 5 Wrote:I cant listen to any broadcast and i´ve followed those instructions! I press the keys assigned to the next and previous beacon and it does nothing. Any tips?
Well, as I've said above, it seems that many of these files simply don't work in game. Try those ones at M4T following the link provided by Madcat. I've found some workable files there. By the way, I'm not sure but I guess the problem may be related to files size. Those ones that are very big usually can not be listened...

Good Luck!
Big Grin

I have the UP 3.0. Can that be the problem?

Be sure that your sound files are converted to Mp3 with RIFF header
and wav extension. Other kind of stuff doesn't work.

- Jami

Yes on UP3.0.
I ran IL2 4.10.1 with radios broadcasting, then patched to UP3.0 rc4...
no more broadcasts.