new joystick suggestions

Hi Everyone !

So... I broke my Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 stick last week just before I went on holiday... Sad

Any way I'm back now and looking to replace it with a new stick but I don't which lol. I like the G940 but at the moment its a bit pricey for me, the other stick I have seen I like the look of is the Saitek Cyborg X but I've read mixed things about it... so any suggestions welcome Smile

The best manufacturers of sticks out there bar none are the CH Products line and the Thrustmaster Line.
Saitek is a good budget stick but after many issues with poor quality control, I can't really recommend them unless you're really hurting for cash.

CH is good right out of the box, but I'm not really fond of the way the throttle looks or feels. They don't call it the "Potatoe" throttle for nothing.

Thrustmaster is by far the best quality, but also the highest priced. Since they still use pots in the Cougar line, you'll have to do a little maintenance or just upgrade to Halls Effect Sensors. They have fixed this with the new "Warthog" stick and throttle, but I've been hearing rumors of some issues with them. I'm sure they will get it all ironed out with the next revision as the Warthog has only been out a couple of months.

Hope this helps give you a bit of knowledge to work with in your selection.

S!

Thanks for the reply Smile

Yes... the "Potatoe" throttle lol, I think my mate had one of them before he got the throttle quadrant. Remember having a go but I didn't really like it.

Yeah the Thrustmaster Cougar line is awesome but I think out of my price range lol, but Thrustmaster do some cheaper sticks like the T.Flight Stick X which looks ok. The T.Flight Hotas X looks like it got a bit of "Potatoe" throttle syndrome going on :lol:.

As for Saitek, like you said they are good budget sticks and if the Cyborg X stick input sensitivity was better I would of snapped it up.

Still looking, but seen some ones put a 2nd hand G940 on ebay Big Grin.

Speaking for myself, i picked up a Saitek ST290Pro three years ago and it still works like new. Very sensitive controls and good hat switch. I heard good things about the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro also.

Do not buy the Flight Stick X.
I tried one after my MS Sidewinder died abd it was awful. Big dead zone and imprecise to the point of being useless for fine inputs.

Thanks for the replys

Well... I won the Logitech G940 on ebay, a bit over my price range lol but I don't think it was to bad of a deal for £150 Smile