HistoMod+HSFX

Hi i was wondering if you could run both HSFX and HistoMod as i found HSFX to be really nice with all the AI planes but i was looking at the picture fourm for histomod and im like...this is what a game like IL2 NEEDS so is there any way to run both, do you need to run both or whats the deal because im not going to just download something for the sake of downloading

Thanks!

Edit...it might just be me but i can't find a clear download link...am i missing something?

Hello supercrapanstuff,

I don't understand exactly your question. I do hope though I might can help you to find an answer.

At the end of the readme - you'll find all the download links!
And please - do read the "readme" very close.

With HistoMod it needs a bit more time to load and start the game. That is the only "disadvantage" I personally think.
You've got - more or less - the same amount of planes and maps you've got in UP and HSFX. Maybe at the moment not all the new ones.

BUT - HistoMod is way much more fun and excitement to fly. Its like a perfect mixture of Cliffs over Dover and IL-2.
It's like the way IL-2 ought to be! But that is only my humble opinion. 8)

You have to find out - and make your own opinion.

Jambo :wink:

P.S. You can have UP, HSFX, HistoMod and many others simultaneously on your harddisk - and they all work. I've got at least 4 or 5..... versions.... :oops: :mrgreen:

you have 5 or 6 installations of IL2 or 5 or 6 mods for il2?
heh...so how do i install them? i have no idea how to do this sort of stuff as i almost completely ruined my il2 last time i tried modifing (i have no idea how to add sas planes)

supercrapnstuff, if you have the HD space make a copy of your IL2 install before you do anything to it so if you do mess up you can allways go to the copy and start again, and once you do have it modded and all is working well make a copy of that also so if you mess up wile modding it some more you can go back to the copy, the thing here is back up back up allways.

Deutschmark

Hi there,

what I did: I just copied from my old Harddisk the Original IL-2 Version 4.09 and 4.10.1 onto my then new Win7 PC.
I never really installed any of IL-2 on my Win7....
From that I made my copies of HistoMod, UP and HSFX. Oh, so I'm already at 5 Versions... :Smile)

To install supplementary or new mods - I take one of these, make a new copy and install this new mod.
And if I made an error I just have to delete this new folder and start from that point on again.... :oops: Idea

So, at the end I've got quite a few TB space.... and even more versions of IL-2 then I know! Confusedhock:

Jambo :lol:

Well, i have the space....but i still don't know how to install it, i downloaded all the files and i got no idea what im supposed to do with them

Hi,

Yes, you can have as many modded installs of IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 as you wish on your harddrive.
By adding a shortcut to your desktop e.g.-you can run them all without interference. I have 3-5 on my drives with different names and 3 exe-shortcuts on my desk.

IMHO, installing mods in IL-2 is always a sheer megatask for newbies-guides and readme threads are spread all over at least 4 different main places in the internet (AAA, SAS, ULtra Pack Site, HSFX site..) plus Histomod and some other sub-sites. + The Team Daidalus site..just a few and without claim of correct display of names. IMO the best places to start and get a clue about mods and help are AAA and SAS. IF you spend some time at these two sites, you will have a better understanding of what different solutions for IL-2 modding are possible. With the new 4.101m mods and modpacks, things got really huge regarding options.

This is a good start, an AAA thread, so
I suggest a little reading over here first:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=29314

Histomod is a 4.09m and Ultra Pack 2.01 based modpack..
Be warned that the Histomod link in the above section does not tell you how to install Histomod from scratch since
Ultra Pack 2.01 is required for a standard install and I have no idea if Ultra Pack 2.01 is still available.
Fireskull or anyone please feel free to jump in and edit here. This is an essential step in installing Histomod and on a quick search I didn't find a backuped UP 2.01 link.

I just read there is also a possibility to install Histomod and AAA Modact.

Let's assume you do it the default way, with Ultra Pack 2.01..:

For Histomod - it is a 4,09m-based install, you will need (to do) the following:
1. You need a clean unmodded install of IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 patched up to 4.09m.
See the Newbie-Guide thread above for links to the 4.08m and 4.09m patches.
Your clean game is called (4.07).

I would advise you to make a copy of the patched install once you are ready with IL-2 1946 patched to 4.09m - and place it anywhere on your harddrive.
This way you will have a clean backup for any further modpacks or patches.
Should you decide to go for a 4.101 modpack, you can patch from here as well.

2. You need to patch up this install to Ultra Pack 2.01 (preferred/recommended method AFAIK)
Download Link to be added here hopefully...as I downloaded Ultra pack 2.01, it was via a "Torrent" link. Download are 8 folders plus one "UltraPack201_Client.exe" to activate Ultra Pack 2.01.

Make a backup of the modded game once it is ready! Do NOT engage any mods from Ultra Pack 2.01, just leave the install once finished.

3. Then you can download and install Histomod..in the following manner:

...: register at the Histomod homepage, it is a French site with English support and questions get answered quickly (IMHO we need a sticky thread there with some Ultra Pack 2.01 link):
http://histomodforum.forumactif.net/t11 ... tomod-site

... Go to the thread shown below and download the latest version 4.6-you have to be registered first, downloads are always in "Download Mods Grand Public":

http://histomodforum.forumactif.net/t1707-v46-here

This is a readme. At the end of the readme you will find links.
Read the manual carefully (really!) and then download all files with "000_" in the name and every
additional pack you wish.
The "000_..." folders are mandatory, the "001_".. and "002-.." are optional.

Put those folders in your Ultra Pack game's jsgmemods foler in your main install.

Then run the "JSGME.exe" and move all files you wish to activate from the left side of the graphic to the right side.
If you are get a warning that you overwrite files-never mind- go on and click if asked.."Are you sure you wish to enable this mod" "Yes".

That' s it. :mrgreen: Sorry for the long post, hope it didn't confuse you.

Base line: You need a patched install IL-2 St. 1946 (patch 4.09m) with Ultra Pack 2.01 for the default method to run Histomod.
Then download and activate the Histomod folders via putting them in your jsgme folder and activating with the JSGME-exe, and read the Histomod readme carefully!

I hope someone will edit this post and enter the Ultra Pack torrent link, I recall having read about it at Histomod a time ago.
In case I find it I will enter it here. :wink: :oops:

Tom

P.S.: Should I find a link for UP 2.01 I will post it here or ask lebig if he can do so..
P.P.S.:
AFAIK, Histomod is not designed to run with HSFX, I used to run my earlier versions of Histo with HSFX4.1/HSFX4.11, but I was always missing a few options there. :wink:

Cheers
T.

Edit:

I found a thread regarding Ultra pack 2.01 at Histomod: (For tranalation use Google translator-if necessary!)
http://histomodforum.forumactif.net/t17 ... maintenant

According to this thread, if you register at this site you can download Ultra Pack 2.01..
http://www.warbirdsofprey.org/index.php?topic=6951.0

...you can download Ultra Pack 2.01 in 9 parts in the link above

:wink:

So-just register at the linked site, go back to the link and download. Didn't test it..let me know if it works.

T.

PROBLEMS
i can't really install this if i need a IL2 46 4.09 as i am updated to 4.101 and i don't know how to un update, or to install the program twice (Which acutally isn't the best idea as it makes regestry edits when the installer is run) if i try and install from disc, it asks me if i want to remove, i've tried changing the directory's name and im not ever going to mess with regestry again

Just right click on your game folder,and rename the folder

Then,run your DVD and uninstall IL-2,and then re-install IL-2
It will not effect your renamed game folder

Then you will have the new game,patch and install how.what you want
whatever version,mods ete

and .... your other renamed folder
just go in the renamed game folder,right click on .exe and create a shorcut/then rename the shortcut... then paste to desktop

You now have two IL-2 games

You can have as many IL-2 installs as you want...
Just uninstall as advised (to make sure you can also copy your IL-2 before and rename it...).

Reinstall, backup and build your new modded install on top of the reinstall.
YOu don't need to reinstall if you intend to install another modded version over your new base-install.
You can simply backup/copy your new 4.09m install and use it as base install for any 4.09m-or 4.101 based mods.
Also explained in this forum somewhere.

Basically uninstall, reinstall, backup everything before and afterwards.

You don't even need a registry in case you intend to switch one of your installs to a new drive or system.
As long as you have a saved patched version of 4.09m, you can use that as template.
After adding modpacks- or activators there's no need for a DVD etc...IF you e.g. install UP whatever, as soon
as you activated UP via JSGME, your install is free.
(AFAIK)
Tom

TomFF Wrote:P.S.: Should I find a link for UP 2.01 I will post it here or ask lebig if he can do so..
P.P.S.:
AFAIK, Histomod is not designed to run with HSFX, I used to run my earlier versions of Histo with HSFX4.1/HSFX4.11, but I was always missing a few options there. :wink:

Cheers
T.

Edit:

I found a thread regarding Ultra pack 2.01 at Histomod: (For tranalation use Google translator-if necessary!)
http://histomodforum.forumactif.net/t17 ... maintenant

According to this thread, if you register at this site you can download Ultra Pack 2.01..
http://www.warbirdsofprey.org/index.php?topic=6951.0

...you can download Ultra Pack 2.01 in 9 parts in the link above

:wink:

So-just register at the linked site, go back to the link and download. Didn't test it..let me know if it works.

T.

Biggest problem: i registered at that fourm and i get "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you"
help?

Hmm, maybe try going to "home" at that site after logging in and doing a search for Ultra pack 2.01..

I will ask lebig to investigate if there is another way to get UP 2.01. Means, I will link him to this thread. :wink:
You could also register at the Histomod site and ask yourself. :wink:

Another "wink" and I am the winkmaster lol.

Cheers..
Tom

PS The last time I checked there you saw the download parts even without registering. Looks like something has been changed there.

T.

TomFF Wrote:Hmm, maybe try going to "home" at that site after logging in and doing a search for Ultra pack 2.01..

I will ask lebig to investigate if there is another way to get UP 2.01. Means, I will link him to this thread. :wink:
You could also register at the Histomod site and ask yourself. :wink:

Another "wink" and I am the winkmaster lol.

Cheers..
Tom

no im not going to make an attempt at trying to get through a french site