msffb 2 vs windows 7

microsoft's window 7 does't support it's own product. they have no drivers for the force feedback 2 joystick which I have. I just switched to windows 7 from xp and can't use the joystick. The compatibily program in 7 leads you to MS web site and they support everything else !!! Cry Cry

I copyed this from another sim game site that I belong to and put it here for you and all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Games for Windows", so why leave 98MB out of the Win7 install ? That's how much is in the initial update (equal to the download redist.). I finally did a test on a fresh install yesterday to see just what is missing, and found that basically the lot is.
About 55 d3d files alone are left out of the windows 7 install. Add to that about 50 other DX files (audio, XInput, Xactengine) and this is only the System32 folder, double that with 64bit.
This compares to about 13 files that come with the Win7 install (system32 ).
Why Monopoly$oft did not include all these files with the Win7 install is a great mystery, and
has caused untold confusion, but that's MS for you....

Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... g=en&id=35

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope it might help you.
Deutschmark

Hi Deutschmark,

SUPER!!!

Thank you for this Link,

Gerhard

chair1 Wrote:microsoft's window 7 does't support it's own product. they have no drivers for the force feedback 2 joystick which I have. I just switched to windows 7 from xp and can't use the joystick. The compatibily program in 7 leads you to MS web site and they support everything else !!! Cry Cry

reading simular problems posted on help forms ,I found one person who stated that windows 7 recognized the force feedback joystick and with out installing any program the stick worked fine. I tried it ...and #@#% kazam...it works . I dont have a control panel to go to or atleast I haven't found it . I'm too busy flying COD finally with fps in 90s. Windows7 is the answer. So thanks to all the people who have advised me of same......YOU WERE RIGTH!!!!!!!

P.S. I just got window 7 since COD was rough with XP.

yeah, I was skeptical about using W7 too because people would say Vista sucked and so I was afraid it would suck more if Microsoft went any further. but they/I was wrong :mrgreen: