Resolution Help

I have Win7.

After I upgraded to 4.10.1 It seems I can't play IL2 set to the resolution I used too, or there is some option I don't know about.

Before I would play IL2 with the picture filling my monitor edge to edge, which the resolution is set to 1920x1200.

I can't remember for sure, but I used to have a resolution option where the width was 1200, but the height was a little larger than 1920, but I could scroll up and down in the IL2 menus, though I used a resolution that was one below it so it would just all fit in my screen.

Since I got IL2 4.10.1m the resolution options in the game are more limiting. The largest picture I can get now is 1600x1200.

The big problem is the image in game now is squished down width wise, with two black bars on either side filling the space. So the picture is square on my wide screen monitor, this was never like this before with the same monitor.

I'm pretty sure the image is distorted way the picture is now, though I could be used to the images being stretched out, though the aircraft and cockpits now look really squished to me, not normal at all.

Anyone know how I can get this to fit my screen?

ever tried to auto adjust size and position? had somewhat the same problem, but I use a widescreen TV

I tried different resolution sizes. Not sure what you mean about position though?

Thanks

T.A.Sharps Wrote:I tried different resolution sizes. Not sure what you mean about position though?

Thanks
I meant on the monitor itself. does it have an auto-adjust feature?

I see by your post in PC Help your conf.ini is set to SaveAspect=1.

Change it to SaveAspect=0 and you'll get back your full screen.

I tried to change the text in the conf file in IL2 but when I try to save it it tells me "Access Denied". How do I not have access to my own files on my own computer, with no other users?

Thanks

T.A.Sharps Wrote:I tried to change the text in the conf file in IL2 but when I try to save it it tells me "Access Denied". How do I not have access to my own files on my own computer, with no other users?

Thanks
Right-click .ini> General tab> at the bottom click "unblock" if there is that option

Right-click> Run as admin

I'm no expert, just thinking every possibility Tongue

Maybe this helps you!
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...an#p349706
See my answer there! always try to use search button. 8)

I had a similar issue but now have 1920 x 1080. There are a couple of settings you need to change in conf.ini. There is a post here somewhere with a 'sample' conf.ini regarding graphics but I can't remember where. Be aware that you might still have the splash screen and menus with the black bars on either side but when you fly you get full screen. That's what I get now. I can live with the black bars as long as they are gone when flying.

stuka_40 Wrote:Maybe this helps you!

I tried to download the file talked about there, but it comes up as a "*.7z" file type that my computer can't read.

I also still don't understand why I am told "Access Denied" when I try to change the text of the conf. There is no option on it to run as admin.

I don't think all this is needed though.

I know there has to be something relatively simple to do here, the only difference between my computer now and when the picture was fine is the monitor. They are different style wide screens, but the first is more stretched thin width ways. And this monitor ran IL2 before with a different computer that was XP, not Win7. Back then I had more resolution options in game too.

As simple as plugging in another monitor nothing internal.

T.A.Sharps Wrote:
stuka_40 Wrote:Maybe this helps you!

I tried to download the file talked about there, but it comes up as a "*.7z" file type that my computer can't read.

I also still don't understand why I am told "Access Denied" when I try to change the text of the conf. There is no option on it to run as admin.

I don't think all this is needed though.

I know there has to be something relatively simple to do here, the only difference between my computer now and when the picture was fine is the monitor. They are different style wide screens, but the first is more stretched thin width ways. And this monitor ran IL2 before with a different computer that was XP, not Win7. Back then I had more resolution options in game too.

As simple as plugging in another monitor nothing internal.

7zip is a file compressing software like winzip or winrar, it is free to download here:
http://www.7-zip.org/ just download the mod and extract it to your mods folder, about your win7 problems, sorry i can't help you because i don't run it! but i think Ecran wide mod will help you. do as it is described there, see the link.

"7z" is a type of file compression, you will need 7zip to decompress the files

http://www.7-zip.org/

Is il2 installed in Program Files? If so, copy the whole thing and paste it to another location such as "Saved Games". This will allow access to the files within the game including the config.ini. Win 7 is very touchy about stuff installed in Program Files. Also you may want to turn off User Account Control, if you have not already done so.

I have it all installed in the Programs(x86) folder.

Create a new folder and call it "Games". Make sure it is NOT located in either of the "Program Files" folders. Move everything to the new folder. You should have no further problems with accessing or changing files in the game.