DCG Midway 1942 V1.3

Hi,
To the Aleutians campaign must also be made a Midway campaign!

Campaign have been tested offline with IL2 1946 V4.09m / UP 2.01/HSFX 4.1 and DCG V3.46

DCG V3.46 or higher: http://www.lowengrin.com/download.php?list.3

The campaign includes an unofficial patch for the expanded Midway map for UP 2.01/HSFX 4.1! (permission by author "dunkelgrun")
More details about the patch in the "Patch read me" and here:
viewtopic.php?f=125&t=22480&start=15

And please take a look in the campaign "Read me"!

Many thanks to Paul Lowengrin for his support and Dynamic Campaign Generator and "dunkelgrun" for the expanded Midway map!

DCG Midway 1942 V1.3: http://www.mediafire.com/?iowk6ylsttn2oph

updateV1.1: 10.9.2011
1. You begin the campaign now a day before (3.June) and the japanese Task force starts in the blue sector (not red as before)!
2. Reworked Task force routes for the japanese side and road traffic on Midway!
3. DCG should spawn now for the japanese attack on Midway static aircrafts!
4. Due to balancing, I removed one USMC fighter squadron in all careers!
5. Changed anti-ship payload for the B-17E!
6. After some more testing, recommended "Action radius setting" is "175KM" for all careers!

updateV1.2: 14.9.2011
1. Reworked routes for the japanese transport groups at the beginning, so that they are more close together and have better Flak cover for each other!
2. Changed some Destroyer types for all japanese fleets to have more long distance Flak power!
3. Reduced number of planes for the B-17E squadron (12) and bomb load for the SBDs (500lbs) due to campaign balance!
4. Changed anti ship payload for the PBYs from Torpedos to Bombs! (Dont know if its only in my game but the PBYs didnt attack ships with Torpedos!)
5. Made some changes to the "Collection of aces" file!

updateV1.3: 17.1.2012
1. Its now possible to add and fly the "TBD-1 'Devastator' (4.09m)" by "TD/Jason/ton414/Epervier" in all subcampaigns!
2. Changed some IJN carriers with new ships from the "ShipPack" (Hiryu,Soryu,Kaga) for all subcampaigns!
3. I reduced the amount of fuel (25) again for the B-26 squadron for better take off ability!
4. Now you can include new ships into the campaign! As an example I took the "IJN Ryujo CV in New SLOT by Western0221/gio963tto" and the "USS-SIMS class destroyer by gio963tto"!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Midway 1942 V1.3 for DBW

Tested with DBW 1.71 and DCG 3.47!

I included the B-26B by Ranwers/1C/SAS~crazyflak to the standard campaign (TBD1 and PBY if you want) and replaced some ship types!
If you want to fly the B-26B in the campaign, select after the first mission in the DCG panel "Custom Mission Selection"
under "Player units fuel" 25% fuel for your squadron, otherwise is the risk high that some of your AI pilots kiss the water during take off at Midway!
I added also Honolulu Radio to the .mis files and some music files ,created by "wimsma", as a Demo!

DCG Action Radius: 175 km

When aircraft should still explode at mission start and the like, please post here!

Many thanks to Paul Lowengrin for his support and Dynamic Campaign Generator,
"dunkelgrun/Cat" for the expanded Midway map, "Slink" for the reworked .dcg files for 3.47
and all AAS/SAS and FM Modder for their Mods!

Midway V1.3 DBW: http://www.mediafire.com/?62mge799faf136b

Have fun!

Thanks Lonestar am sure many will have their fun with this. Big Grin

Deutschmark

That's it! Now you can have peace again by my DCG madness! :lol:

I made mainly changes for the IJN career:

1. You begin the campaign now a day before (3.June) and the japanese Task force starts in the blue sector (not red as before)!
2. Reworked Task force routes for the japanese side and road traffic on Midway!
3. DCG should spawn now for the japanese attack on Midway static aircrafts!
4. Due to balancing, I removed one USMC fighter squadron in all careers!
5. Changed anti-ship payload for the B-17E!
6. After some more testing, recommended "Action radius setting" is "175KM" for all careers!

Here again some changes to this campaign and should be the last:

1. Reworked routes for the japanese transport groups at the beginning, so that they are more close together and have better Flak cover for each other!
2. Changed some Destroyer types for all japanese fleets to have more long distance Flak power!
3. Reduced number of planes for the B-17E squadron (12) and bomb load for the SBDs (500lbs) due to campaign balance!
4. Changed anti ship payload for the PBYs from Torpedos to Bombs! (Dont know if its only in my game but the PBYs didnt attack ships with Torpedos!)
5. Made some changes to the "Collection of aces" file!

If you want to fly the 4.09m Version of the B-26B V2.2 in the campaign, then put the below lines in the timetable.dcg!
It should prevent that mainly the AI B-26B crash into the sea during take off!

[Midway42N]
19420602 SetFuel USA_RS_082z0 = 50

[Midway42M]
19420602 SetFuel USA_RS_082z0 = 50

[Midway42J]
19420603 SetFuel USA_RS_082z0 = 50

EDIT: I've just added the above timetable.dcg commands so that the AI B-26B V2.2 can take off without problems from an airfield (I hope at least!)
New files uploaded!

Thank you Lonestar am sure many will enjoy it. Smile

Deutschmark

Deutschmark Wrote:Thank you Lonestar am sure many will enjoy it. Smile

Deutschmark

Hope it! I realize only now on an other site, it avenges a bit,that I have no online play experience!

Hi,
New changes V1.3:

1. Its now possible to add and fly the "TBD-1 'Devastator' (4.09m)" by "TD/Jason/ton414/Epervier" in all subcampaigns!
2. Changed some IJN carriers with new ships from the "ShipPack" (Hiryu,Soryu,Kaga) for all subcampaigns!
3. I reduced the amount of fuel (25) again for the B-26 squadron for better take off ability!
4. Now you can include new ships into the campaign! As an example I took the "IJN Ryujo CV in New SLOT by Western0221/gio963tto" and the "USS-SIMS class destroyer by gio963tto"!

Thank you for the update Lonestar.

Deutschmark

Thanks Lonestar ;o)

Can't wait to see some missions over Midway with TBD-1 ;o)

Cheers

Ted :mrgreen:

LeBigTed Wrote:Thanks Lonestar ;o)

Can't wait to see some missions over Midway with TBD-1 ;o)

Cheers

Ted :mrgreen:

Hi,
Yes, the same at me! Smile

Hi,
DBW version for this campaign is out!
Changes and download: see first post!

Thanks again Lonestar for the update.

Deutschmark

Hi Lonestar,

I realise its been a year since you posted this Midway campaign for DCG, just wondering if it has ever been tested with UP3? The Reload/Refuel/Repair from UP3 would be great with this Midway DCG campaign.

I tried the DBW version of this DCG Midway campaign, but often after "completing" a mission my flight would return home, land and park, but then got shot to bits by a couple of zeros that turned up at Midway's East Island late in the day. As I wasn't the flight leader, I couldn't do anything to stop the flight from landing, and couldn't rearm/refuel after a long flight out at sea. UP3's R/R/R (and doing the campaign again as flight leader) would help solve this.

cheers