"Files" folder missing

Hello there mates. Big Grin
I am facing two problems; first of all, in my IL-2 1946 (v4.09m) folder there is no "Files" folder. Is that normal? Can I use a mod without this folder?
Secondly, I try to install HSFX 4.0 but Part2_Ver_4.exe is not executed automatically by the installer itself. Any ideas?

First welcome nemo7 to the AAS site. Smile
I have PM'd with one of my staff to see if they might be able to help you.
Just give it a little time please.

Deutschmark

Thanks mate. I appreciate your help. Big Grin

Hi Nemo,

First welcome here, we always enjoy to see new users ;o)
I hope you will find here all that you want for your IL2 :mrgreen:

If I had a good remember, for HSFX4.0 there were 5 or 6 files to download. You had to launch the first part, which was an .EXE for me, and when the first part install was finished, your installer had to ask you to search and open the following parts (which are not .EXE files) one by one, the second, the third...

For the "Files" folder, it will be created by the HSFX install, so don't worry, when your pack will be installed you will see new folders such as "Files" or "Mods" into your Ubisoft/IL21946 Folder.

I hope it will helps, keep me update ;o)

Ted :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PS : there are new versions of HSFX, and you don't need to install v4.0 before 4.1... you can directly take the last version to install over you 4.09m ;o)

Cheers ;o)

Thanks for the warm welcome mate. Big Grin
So, I can install HSFX 5.1 over my IL-2 1946 v4.09m?
If I want to install a mod I have to create the "files" or "mods" folder myself and simply extract the mod files there?

Hi Mate ;o)

Here a link with the steps for your HSFX5.0 installation : http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...06&t=31515

First download the last patches :
4.09m official patch http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?n...ls&id=3764
4.10 http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?n...ls&id=3993
4.10.1 http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?n...ls&id=4044

Second install them, 4.09m Official patch goes over 4.09

Third install HSFX 5.0

Follow the steps ;o)

You have the read me in those links. Good luck, and keep me update ;o)

Ted :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers Ted. Big Grin

One more question; How can activate a mod manually? Let's say a small cloud or smoke mod. Do i have to create a "files" folder and extract there the contents of the mod?

To install a Mod manually, just copy/past it into your MOD file.

You don't need to create those folders as they will be created by HSFX5.0 installation ;o)

After that, when you download a mod, be sure it has been designed for HSFX (some Mods have been developped specificly for some Mods pack such as HSFX, UltraPack, HistoMod...), and copy/paste it into your mod file.

Generally when you DL a mod, you will have a read me into the file ;o)

Goood luck ;o)

Ted

Ok. What if I dont install a mega mod like HSFX? I have to create myself a folder and name it "MODS" and extract the small mod there?

Sorry to bother you Ted. :| I am a mega newbie :-?

nemo7 Wrote:Ok. What if I dont install a mega mod like HSFX? I have to create myself a folder and name it "MODS" and extract the small mod there?

If you dont have some sort of mods install in your game. Say SaS modact - UP or HSFX I dont think you
can install any mods what so ever.

Gotcha mate. Thanks

nemo7 Wrote:Ok. What if I dont install a mega mod like HSFX? I have to create myself a folder and name it "MODS" and extract the small mod there?

You never bother me mate, I only went to lunch ;o)

if you want to install mods one by one, you only need to have a version of your game that is allowing Mods, such as 4.08m, 4.09m, 4.10, 4.10.1

if you have one of those versions, you can create your MODS folder and copy paste your mods here.

But i suggest you to take a mod pack, even if they are long to download, because :

- now all the most famous mods have been integrated into those packs,
- you won't have to install new objects one by one (as an example, if you want to install a new plane, you have to copy paste into your mod folder, to update Button file which is into a specific folder, and to copy paste some code lines into 3 files which are into other specific folders...)
=> If you install mods one by one, it will take you a lot of time, really much more than if you had a modpack, and quickly you will have a big Mod folder with a lot of Mods, you might have some crashes, the game's loading will be longer...

So I really suggest you to take a mod pack ;o)

3 or 4 years ago, we had to install mods one by one, because no modpacks had been developped. I remember, you passt more time to install your mods, to test them one by one, to load them... than to play...:lol: Now those packs includes all the better mods, the more realistic effects (gunlights, gunsmokes, tracers, smokes...), with many new planes, it is easier to install and you have less risk of crashes during loading...
Check into our forums presntations of HSFX, UltraPack, Histomod (my favourite), and make your choice.

Keep me update, so I can help you if you need it ;o)

Ted

Thanks a million Ted. Big Grin
Histomod? Sounds interesting mate, I' ll give it a try. Is there a torrent available?

Here is the Histomod forum on this site; viewforum.php?f=171
And here is the new Histomod download; viewtopic.php?f=171&t=32853

Deutschmark

Cheers Deutschmark. Have a great day matey. Big Grin