b-17 engine sounds wrong

since i upgraded from up 2.0 to the new up3 and DBW i cant seem to get the engine sounds right for the b-17. they dont sound like the sound samples at all. they sound more like 4 pratt and whitney. i tried switching between DBW and UP and cant seem to figure out whats going on. is it just me?

I use neither DBW or UP but I know that all the aircraft's engine sound is encoded inside the buttons file so you Can't change the engine sounds if you don't know how to compile buttons file!in mod community it is not allowed to make your own buttons file, ( because of cheating in online game play). Guys in SAS and UP make their own buttons files and bakes it in their mods package!.

stuka_40 Wrote:I use neither DBW or UP but I know that all the aircraft's engine sound is encoded inside the buttons file so you Can't change the engine sounds if you don't know how to compile buttons file!in mod community it is not allowed to make your own buttons file, ( because of cheating in online game play). Guys in SAS and UP make their own buttons files and bakes it in their mods package!.

you have engine sounds confused with Flight Models.

its ''easy'' to change the engine sounds.

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,95.0.html

i appreciate the input guys and ive visited this link already, but it doesnt contain the sounds i would need. the samples for the b-17 are in my files folder, the question is though, why isnt the b-17 flight model using them?

EoW_WhamO_CO Wrote:
stuka_40 Wrote:I use neither DBW or UP but I know that all the aircraft's engine sound is encoded inside the buttons file...

you have engine sounds confused with Flight Models.

its ''easy'' to change the engine sounds.
:-? :lol:
NO, I do not think so, as I said the engine sound type are defined inside buttons file, all. fmd (flight model data). EMD (engine model data) files are compressed to the one file ie -->
buttons file, engine type is defined inside the .fmd file, there is corresponding. emd files with many engine types collected in one .emd file, ( for example Wright_Cyclone1820_Series.emd or PrattWhitney_R-2000_Series.emd ). Inside the B-17. fmd file, type of engine is "WC1820_Heavy", equivalent. emd file inside buttons file is "Wright_Cyclone1820_Series.emd" and inside this file you can find "sound name Wright_Cyclone1820_Series" and if you check inside: MODS\sound_93\presets\sounds you can find equivalent . Prs file ie "motor.Wright_Cyclone1820_Series.prs" and if you open this file you can see which audio files(.wav files) are used to generate the engine sound of the B-17! so if you change engine sound name (which they do at SAS when they update their buttons files and you don't have the corresponding .prs file your airplane will lose it's engine sound!) now i think it is clear enough. 8)

thesunaside Wrote:i appreciate the input guys and ive visited this link already, but it doesnt contain the sounds i would need. the samples for the b-17 are in my files folder, the question is though, why isnt the b-17 flight model using them?
See my answer to "EoW_WhamO_CO" above. they have changed B-17's engine sound name in it's .emd file and assigned it to an other one, that points to different .prs file which generate other sounds for your B-17s.