DCG 3.46-3.45 crash

Hello : )
After researching and trying mostly everything I have to ask for help. Problem is the same as in topic-DCG keeps crashing whole game-in random moments of game.
I have 10.01m version, using Generic Mod Activator w JSGME ( before this, newest SAS Activator-same problem) Tried to run the game without any mod-same.
I don't know where the problem is-before latest patch there weren't any problems. There is nothing regarding that problem on Lowengreen's board. Is there any known incompatiblity between latest patch and DCG? Honestly it's hard to me if not impossible to fly any campaign without DCG...
I'll be glad to hear about any possible solution...
My specs:
Athlon 64 Dual Core 6000+
2GB RAM
ATI 4850 512 MB
Vista 32 Bit

Hi,
I think that the random crashes have nothing to do with DCG, maybe a memory problem! Perhaps your computer has to represent too many aircraft and units in a mission!
Do you have the same problems when you play no DCG generated missions?

Well-my DCG settings were set to squadrons=moderate. Also I tried QMB with as many ac's as possible-and game did not crashed. Other point is-in case of memory failure shouldn't I have some kind "out of memory" error?

In my experience, you can see crashes that have to do with DCG, only if you want to start or finish a mission!
I've personally never experienced that a crash during a mission had to do with DCG because the generator is only active for a short time in the above described periods!
Since the crashes seem random, I've thought of a memory problem! I had such crashes during a mission with my old rig in the past!
Sorry, that I couldnt help! :-?

I have had DCG crashes for the last several versions of DCG. Mostly because of the number of squadrons in the game. I have to reduce my numbers to 3 squadrons on each side to keep it running, otherwise I get a crash after a few minutes of flying because the computer is trying to juggle too much, not just with the acft, but with all the effects going off in the map. I also found that I cannot fly the Stalingad map in DCG no matter what my settings are. It just does not like that map for some reason.

I personally fly most of the campaigns with only two flights for each squadron, squadron density "dense" and column density "full"!
Have since then never again a crash because of too many aircrafts,objects or effects!
An incompatibility with a mod you can see best if you want to finish a mission! DCG then processed the data from the log file and then comes the famous frozen crash! The reason is, DCG can not handle something from the log file, because changes have been made by the mod!
The other point is if you want to generate or start a mission! These crashes have nothing to do with DCG itself, but are mostly errors in the files of the campaign (3rd party), too many aircrafts in a mission or have to do with the mod!

Guess it has somth to do with 4.10m patch or newest DCG itself. Last time I used 3.43 and 4.09 and except for "integer" errors everything went smoothly with custom maps mods and so on...
Point is I don't see any logic explanation-game is stopping at the points where nothing is happening-no new squadrons appearing, no bigger clash-nothing. Only one common thing-crashing after AI flight comm-but basically You can hear comms all over during the flight and it's nothing special about it.
It's real tragedy for me-never flew in Sturmovik''s original campaigns because there's nothing "dynamic" about it-but it seems I'll have to.

In which campaigns/maps occur these crashes most frequently?
Do you use the modded .exe files? I personally have random crashes in my Bob 1940 campaign, if I'm not use the 1200 Mb .exe! I must say, I use UP 2.01!
And if in doubt, ask Lowengrin in his forum or "Slink" at SAS!

1 : every map I've tried.
2 : hmm,yes-I'm using SAS latest modact because it seems to be much faster, has a few mods built already inside-in time of writing the topic I was using AAA generic mod act.-so-modded or not modded exe-it seems the same.
Getting in touch with Lowengreen is hard way-something changed over there, lost my id and pass to their forum and have to get in touch with other one just for access to their forum. But I ll give it a try. Am I the only one over here having such a troubles with DCG? Strange...

US_GRANT Wrote:I also found that I cannot fly the Stalingad map in DCG no matter what my settings are. It just does not like that map for some reason.

Hi,
Works for me!
Will the map not loaded, generates DCG no mission or what is the error?
This is the map for the Stalingrad campaign: Stgrad/sload.ini

Lonestar Wrote:
US_GRANT Wrote:I also found that I cannot fly the Stalingad map in DCG no matter what my settings are. It just does not like that map for some reason.

Hi,
Works for me!
Will the map not loaded, generates DCG no mission or what is the error?
This is the map for the Stalingrad campaign: Stgrad/sload.ini

The map loads fine, but when flying for just a few minutes, it starts to lag and then crashes. I've tried reducing squadrons, flights objects, pretty much everything, but that map still crashes on me. It's ok though, cuz right now with 4.10.1, I don't even use DCG. Too many problems with the partial MDS mod DT included. causes me too many problems.

Ok-it seems I found The Cure ; )
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/t ... 016.0.html
overwrited DCG files and at least game isn't crashing. In exchange planes likes to explode on the runway but I can live with it-changing squadron or aircraft helps. Dont ask me why : ) It's all black magic for me-how can Il-2 work properly when DCG is working only at the moment of mission creation-maybe he sets some kind of values which can crash or not the game...