How about a realistic Me 163

Hello!
I play IL-2 now since many many years and I love all his modifications . And now there comes a in my opinion very good idea:
The game shows just the Me 163 how it should have been , but whats about a Me 163 how it WAS ?
It would be very cool and interesting if there would be a 'Me 163 B-2 Realistic Effects' version . This plane should be programmed that every 3rd machine has some fails and every fail should be other e.g :
1st machine all right
2nd machine all right
3rd machine engine fail
6th machine white smoke in cockpit after 7 min you just see white
9th machine gas in cockpit after a few min you can't see anything because you're tearing
12th machine gas in cockpit after a few seconds you're dead because the gas was corrosiving you

Every machine should be in Danger of these effects at the landing
These fails were in the Real Me 163 standardly at every 3rd machine .
Would it be possible to make such a mod?
Greetings from
Georg

If there are any mistakes in the text ,then I apologize for that because I'm from Germany

I completely agree, but from a coders perspective, this would be very hard, especially when most of us aren't real coders, but rather just learnt how to make the aircraft/weapons etc.
It probably can be done, but that would mean we have to teach IL-2 to start counting. Perhaps Team Daidalos will introduce a simple damage slider for aircraft, to simulate poor maintenance etc, much like Cliffs of Dover had, although soon removed.
But I am really not a professional programmer myself, so I really wouldn't know if this is possible. :wink:
I like the idea though, also a big fan of the Komet. Smile

Hi'
This has been up before :twisted: The initial Me 163B was too overpowered and was tuned down to a Hangar-Turkey in the patch.
:mrgreen: Buller

Its nice to hear a good feedback on my idea.
Perhaps some coders do that any time soon.

If there are any mistakes in the text ,then I apologize for that because I'm from Germany

This aspect is possible but would require a hell of a job to do. It is in fact, can be done with coding, but due to limitation to the game engine, the programing could be come very tough. Still looking forward if anyone interested in doing this though. Would be very useful. I can offer my help.

s3231541

Hi'
When the Me163B was released in IL2_FB, the FM just needed trimming down , not the complete crippling. I would prefer the initial FM to the "turkey", hope someone has the skill/time. :wink:
Benno
Test pilot Eric Brown descripes his "hot " flight in a Berta !!

Try running HSFX 5.01 with Expert Mode and you'll have what you are looking for. (Mostly).

ME163 has random failures that will result in your imminent destruction/explosion.

S!

Who or what is HSFX 5.0 Expert mode :?: :!: :!: Confusedhock: :OO
I just have Ultrapack 3 RC4
And is there just an explosion some times or is there also these Me 163 specified failures?

If you would like to have a mod like this, remember if the previous planes hasn't taken off, the next one won't, for 3 ketten, only two planes will take-off (except if you wait for 4.11 DT patch and the, you'll be able to place spawn points in single/coop missions to avoid to let operable planes on ground).

HSFX 5.0 can be found here: http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2544
HSFX 5.01 patch can be found here: http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2567

S!

Is it compatible with UP3?

No its not compatible with UltraPack

YOu have to install it to the stock 4.10.1 game....it is its own pack of Mods

OK all right but I can't imagine that all these effects I've listed are there in the mod
and even if it is like that:I would prefer if there is a mod for the next ultrapack because i am too stupid for HSFX Tongue