patches help please

Hi. I have just managed to get the dvd of IL2 forgotten Battles and have installed it successfully....the version number is 1.22.......eeeek.....so I know I need to add a lot of patches :-)
However hard I look though, I cannot seem to find a list of or the relevent downloads needed to grt up to date. I think I understand from reading various posts that I need to install each upgrade patch in sequence.....Please, can anybody point me to where I can get these patches? preferably in the correct sequence needed as I am totally new to IL2 and really dont have a clue as yet.

Many thanks in advance. :-?

IL-2 Forgotten Battles and 1946 are pretty much two different games

Cheers. Do you mean I am on the wrong forum? just says "IL2" Help. Being new I dont know the differences.

No, you are on the right forum, I'm just saying that the "Forgotten Battles" DVD and the "1946" DVD are not the same

Got Bush Forums Wrote:This is a bummer and I own a bit of it.

The other day we were talking about IL-2 in the shoutbox here and what version Christopher needed to get started in the fun. I gave him the wrong link, but in the 40 some seconds it took me to correct myself he jumped into another window, didn't see the correction, and made the purchase. DOH! My Bad (Thanks eMaNoN for providing the correct info right off)

I post this here so others know, You want to purchase IL-2 1946, not Forgotten Battles.

You will have to buy a "1946" DVD to be able to mod and get more planes, maps, etc. You can buy it for $7.93 at Amazon.com

Sorry Sad

First....

Radpig, you are not entirely correct.
IL-2 Forgotten Battles and IL-2 1946 are actually one in the same. 1946 is the compilation of all the patches and expansion packs that were put out for FB with the addition of the 1946 Expansion pack.

IL-2 1946 contains the following:

IL-2 FB
IL-2 FB Aces Expansion Pack
IL-2 Pacific Fighters
IL-2 PE-2 Expansion Pack
IL-2 Sturmoviks over Manchuria Expansion Pack

IL-2 1946 (Same game, but only available through purchase to get the Expansion Pack)

You can Mod the combined game without using 1946, but you will be missing a lot of mod content.

S!

{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:First....

Radpig, you are not entirely correct.
IL-2 Forgotten Battles and IL-2 1946 are actually one in the same. 1946 is the compilation of all the patches and expansion packs that were put out for FB with the addition of the 1946 Expansion pack.

S!

oh thanks for correcting me oops Sad

ok so thats cleared up....but does anyone know where i can get said patches please? :-?

patches - all in one- from 4.08 ------> to 4.10.1
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php? ... ls&id=4088

Thank you.

Hi, pseudo

The reason why I mention the following is because the digital download version typically is the fastest way to get IL-2 1946, usually by far. Digital download version is in most people's hands within hours, but the DVD version might be mailed and get to you in weeks. Some people do not have a good enough InterNet service to receive a clean copy of the sim, however. You need to weigh these factors into your decision to get the DVD or the digital download version of IL-2 1946.

If you are going to add mods to stock IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 digital download version, then you will need a special patch to be sure that all mods work. Ignore this if you intend to go with the DVD version. That patch is revealed in this topic for the patches: ( Top modders tell me that this special mod-enabling patch for the digital download version of IL-2 1946 is needed to potentially use any mod out there, established by founding modders )

(Must patch in this order, as needed by you...)

IL-2 Patch Central
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=29314

Once you get all the IL-2 patches, you should keep a clean, untouched copy of the build for the future, which is far easier to grab instead of re-downloading and re-patching everything. Smile When you eventually need it again, then you should simply copy it to the intended location.

* * * Never install IL-2 1946 inside of Program Files if you intend to add mods to it. * * * The shortest possible file path is the best. I have used modded IL-2 1946 for offline and online with no problems as a major folder alongside Windows, AppData, Users, and other major folders of the hard drive. (This is not necessary for most programs, however - it's for modded IL-2 1946. ) If you install IL-2 1946 into Program Files and mod it later, then you might or might not have problems. Installing outside Program Files will eliminate one potential snag for modding.

If you want to fly online, then I recommend joining a squadron and using the system which they like. Here is a long list of squadrons to get you started:

Community Generated Squadron List..........
viewtopic.php?f=107&t=24405

Here is a general guide to introduce folk to the mod packs:

IL-2 Newbie Guide
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=29314

UltraPack 3 mod pack ( fairly recent release and update to it ) can be found at the UltraPack website, as well.

Plus, we have several IL-2 1946 forums near the middle of our forum index in that section:

HSFX Forum.
Team Daidalos Forum
Free IL2 Modding Forum
HistoMod Forum
Special Aircraft Service Forum.
UltraPack Forum.

I reccommend trying at least two different systems.

All have beautiful things to try. Smile

Fireskull

Welcome to a new world Pseudo :wink:

A modded World ;o) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And welcome here at AAS ;o) 8) 8)

Ted