Hard Roll 2 The Left

HI Smile A hard roll 2 left making it almost imposible to fly just started happening. I thought my stick had finaly bit the dust but no it works fine on my other IL2 o game on my hard drive #2. I found when i went into hardware / input that the box for the joystick crosshairs blank. I don't know if this is part of problem or not ? :-? I've R/R'ed the stick drivers and all that but it made no diff. The stick i have is a Logitech Attack 3 pretty simple & no real way to calibrate. Because it works on one install of IL2 & not the other i thought it could be the config. ini. maybe but not sure ? :roll: And still there is the empty box in the Hardware/Input ? I'm running Vista 32 sp2 & UP 3.0 / DBW. I've been playing IL2 for 6/7 years now and had many a problem (mostly my fault) but this a new one for me. :oops: Can anyone please help me out i would be vary greatful Big Grin BLTHANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME & TROUE WHY ME :roll: :roll: :roll: lol...

ever try to calibrate through "set up USB game controllers" through the Control Panel?

Where's that ? I've gone to game controler but nothing to sync i have a profiler that does x,y,z but nothing for right or left. where would i find setup for USB

What stick are you using?

Logitech attack 3

Ok I'm sure that stick is much like my 3d extreme logitech.
1. DO NOT use the soft ware that comes with the stick.
2. Use only windows and in game input settings to control the stick.
3. Once a week UNPLUG the stick from the USB port and re calibrate in the Windows Device controller.

I've had this stick for a few years and one just like it before that & no software comes with it. Unplugging it dos'nt do any good and i've also tried removing anything logitech i could find then installed again but still the same. What do you think about the ingame hardware / input box for lining up joy stick being blank ? I don't know how long it's been that way i just saw it when this problem started. It seams that it might be related.

If your in game screen is blank for the input. I'd say thats the problem.

I have not ran it to this before.So what I'm' about to say is just off the top of my head.

I would say reinstall as you need that input for your stick.

the input screen is not blank just the little box with cross hairs. Any ideas where it might of went or how to bring it back ? I'm not even sure where to look for the file that runs this or what to look for but i'm running out of ideas. This ones really got me stumped :-?

Out of ideas. I'm also stumped.
Sorry I could not be of more help.
Post a picture. Then we can see what you see.

THANK YOU for trying ! Big Grin Do you know where to look for the files that run this input ?

Hi'
Try to unplug the joystick, reconnect and do a full recalibration in Windows.
My USB get a bit strange from time to time, but this cures it.
Good luck
Buller

T
Quote:ry to unplug the joystick, reconnect and do a full recalibration in Windows.
My USB get a bit strange from time to time, but this cures it.
Good luck
Bulle
Thanks but i tried & no luck Sad

Hi, refugee647

There is an issue with that particular IL-2 copy, according to what you wrote. We will see if handling the conf.ini file could be a solution for you:

1) Keep the IL-2 conf.ini file of the copy in question by renaming it with a minus (-) symbol in front of it. (You can restore it if you need later.)

2) Next, copy the conf.ini file of the other IL-2 to the one with the issue. Just point the copying to the main IL-2 folder.

This will determine if the problem can be adjusted because swapping the conf.ini files should work if that is the case.

If you find that your new conf.ini file does not work for you for any reason, then compare the joystick sections of the two and change the original file to what the experimental one had in the joystick section. If it is not too tedious for you, then you may simply compare the joystick sections of both files to see if there is any difference.

Taking this approach should eliminate some possible causes, thus process of elimination.

I once swapped only the joystick sections using copy and paste because I liked the settings of the replacement, so the same technique might work for you and fix this, hopefully.

Smile

Fireskull

:OO :OO Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin YAAAAAaaaaaaaa.... BACK IN THE AIR ON ONCE MORE !!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin THank you THAT DID THE TRICK this had me stumped for a while. MARY-XMAS & Thank you again! Big Grin Big Grin