The Blue Max Fokker Dr1 Stolen 2 Times.

I belong to a WW1 model website and this just came across the board
have a look at this site and read on,

Here is the link about the Dr1 being stolen;
http://blue-max-triplane.org/we-delve-d ... -aero.html

And here is the home link of the site;
http://blue-max-triplane.org/

There are many photos and even a video if you go through the links.

Enjoy.
Deutschmark

ever tried putting a triplane in your pocket? it's hell Tongue

Ever tried hot-wiring a Fokker Triplane? I can just imagine a helicopter pulling in alongside with a loud message to land immediately. Then a policeman strides across to where you're waiting....

"Switch off your engine Sir.... Yes, completely off. Now could you step into our helicopter, we have reason to believe that this Dr1 is stolen and we need to ask you a few questions.... Do you have a pilots license?... No?.... What about insurance Sir? No, not that either... Doesn't look good, does it Sir?"

Clearly the RFC missed a trick on the western front.

Response

Well sir first off I do not need a "pilot's license to fly a Fokker Dr. 1..According the FAA guidelines it no longer qualifies as an aeroplane...just an aircraft. So all i need is an ultralight permit Smile

Really? I had no idea. I'm used to the more restrictive practice we find in Britain where aeroplane categories are more rigid. I doubt the Dr1 would qualify as an ultralight by virtue of the engine power if not weight. Considering that the rules have now moved to european JAA conformity, I suspect our plight is even worse.

However, the police would still stop you as you would be flying an aerial vehicle without consent, without insurance, flying a vehicle whilst armed with a deadly weapon, and in any case you'd be wanted for questioning concerning the eighty suspicious deaths of British airmen in 1917-18. Please come quietly Sir or we'll be forced to restrain you.