Class dump

Hi,
so this is my 1st try to modify some il2 classes but I even can't get the java classes dumped.

I did the following:

-downloaded the il-2_sturmovik_class_dumper
-renamed il2fb.exe to classdumper.exe
-run the il-2_sturmovik_class_dumper.exe
- created a "files" folder in the root of the il2 installation
- run classdumper.exe

The game starts but I see no classes in the files folder. Do I need the russian il2fb.exe ? If yes, where am I supposed to get it ?

cheers,
Tex

Right here same place you got the class dumpper 5th one down from the top;
viewforum.php?f=31

Deutschmark

Deutschmark Wrote:Right here same place you got the class dumpper 5th one down from the top;
viewforum.php?f=31

Deutschmark

ah, I haven't seen that Smile

Nevertheless, when I do what I said before with the russian il2fb.exe, I get an error message when launching the classdumper.exe:

Quote:The program can't start because IL2FB.EXE is missing fro your computer.

EDIT: I used the classdumper.exe from this thread and it worked. I used the classresolver.jar to extract the compiled .class files.

Now what are the steps if I want to modify a class ? Do I have to decompile it, modify it and then recompile it again ? Using jad for example ?

I tried using the JavaBite but it's very difficult to modify any code with it.

EDIT: I think I got it now. I can decompile only the class I want to modify. The rest of the classes can be added in the classpath when compiling again my modified class.

Hmm so I modified the class I wanted, rehased the class files using

Code:
java -jar classhasher.jar .

but when I copy the classfiles to the MOD folder it does not work at all. Basically I'm trying to extend the DeviceLink plugin.

The original mod works fine, when I put my modified class it does not. Are there any special requirements for the compiled class files ? Do I have to compile them to a specific Java version ?

thanks

java 1.3 sdk is what works with IL2. far as i know, NO other sdk version will work, or at least work properly.

also of course, any compiled classfiles have to be 're-hashed' back into a format that IL2 can read. you can't just drop the java file itself back into the game and have it read it.

all of that information and more is available at IL2 Free Modding.

good luck on your project.

S!

Beo

Tex-Twil Wrote:Are there any special requirements for the compiled class files ? Do I have to compile them to a specific Java version ?

thanks

That was probably the reason. I compile the classes now with compatibility to Java 1.3 and it works Smile I have my modified DeviceLink.

good job! Big Grin