SFS archives for CK

I was asking myself after seeing this fantasting sim if the data on the game will be in normal folders or in SFS archives (technically the game will go faster). This difference can be noticed eg. in the UI and UP(faster)
However, both will be good to do for me Big Grin

First welcome jflorsa to AAS CK forums. Big Grin
Well the thing here is this is not for IL2 this is its own different game engine, that said SFS files or something like that is being looked at as being used for CK sim as they do make a game load and run faster then a folder structure game.

Deutschmark

Does anyone actually have a definition for SFS? I know that the one IL-2 uses is basically just a java based encrypter and compressor. The one Lutz possess was created by himself over a 2 year period...
Google searches to no avail or even a true defintion, there are multiple.
None the less, it's good to hear, though I wonder if you are actually able to find a commercial tool that is compatible with the Simulation program. However then again we could just package the entire game in Password protected .zip files. :lol:

SFS sands for single file system and there are many commercial tools that do this kind of packing and so long as the game / simulation program is setup in its code to read the file from the commercial packing tool used then it will work with that game / simulation program.

Deutschmark