Problem with qmb

It is happening every time i am starting mission in quick mission builder: screen shows something what looks like a corner of the map, pointing away from it, sometimes upside down. Switching views, padlock, etc does nothing, and according to map icons all planes are loaded in correct positions. I tried all possible configurations with settings and maps, with no effect. It just happened once after prolonged use of fmb and continue ever since. Yet this bug (?) have no effect on campaign, single or online missions.

It look like this:
Okinawa
[Image: 24850c9ba69dfef512fadef48e3421a1601.jpg]

Smolensk (no rotation, it appears upside down)
[Image: eaef660068a4562ec77c0519222ac260699.jpg]

Any advice would be helpful.

Hi Valkas,

What version of IL2 are you running ?

Are you sure this happened only with QMB, not in FULL MISSION BUILDER ? Okinawa is available into QMB ? (I don't remember to have seen Okinawa's map into QMB)

Tell us more, it is important to know which version and which mods or modpack you have to give you help ;o)

Ted ;o)

PS : it could happened when you don't have selected a plane into FMB or when you try a mission designed for a version of IL2 that is not the one you are using (eg. if you run a mission with TBD Devastator under 4.10, you will see a similar bug because TBD Devastator is not include into 4.10 version)

Awaiting for your informations, and don't worry a lot of good gents here wil give you the help that you need ;o)

Oh, sorry for forgetting some of the details. I was in a bit of a rush...

That's 4.10.1m up3 rc4 with no other modding. And yes, i am completely sure it is on qmb. As far as i remember, Okinawa was there since the dawn of time (more precisely - since original 1946, i think). Proof:

[Image: f4bdf56a8ecc602d286611f0c74b06c438.jpg]

And sorry for some misinformation: just checked, if map icons are turned on, you can find no planes - friendly or hostile - on a map. At all. So, i guess, that is the problem - qmb is not loading planes, any ideas, what can be wrong? (i never messed with game files, never modified qmb to add more maps there, etc. Cant prove that, you just have to believe me)

Edit: actually there was one mod - UberDeamon's "ForgottenCountries&Latinos", turned off via generic mod enabler because of astonishing bugginess of that mod. Forgot to mention that. Yet don't think it is a source of problem.

I think the problem is the aircraft itself.
Happens to me all the time with certain modded planes

RadPig94 Wrote:I think the problem is the aircraft itself.
Happens to me all the time with certain modded planes
RadPig94 is right,it can happen with a modded plane that for some reason hasn't got a cockpit attached to it or has corrupted cockpit files.The only difference between that and what I see here is the terrain showing up upside down,that's a new one Ive never seen before.

Are you running in Open GL or Direct X ?

Are any other maps like this, and also have plane are you trying to fly with? As the others have pointed out some of the modded planes do not have cockpits, I would recommend using one of the Stock Planes like the Il-2 or something to see if the smae maps you are testing look like how they are in the pictures 8)

Planemad

Just removed UberDeamon's "ForgottenCountries&Latinos" completely, and... Problem gone. Seems that this mod, when disabled by JSGME, sometimes (randomly) ruins qmb by not loading planes. Don't ask how and why. Still mystical thing for me.

Yet, thanks to all of you. It's good to see that so many people are eager to help =]

Valkas Wrote:Just removed UberDeamon's "ForgottenCountries&Latinos" completely, and... Problem gone. Seems that this mod, when disabled by JSGME, sometimes (randomly) ruins qmb by not loading planes. Don't ask how and why. Still mystical thing for me.

Yet, thanks to all of you. It's good to see that so many people are eager to help =]

I am glad the problem is sorted for you 8) And your welcome from all of us here at All aircraft simulations 8)

Happy flying 8)

Planemad

S! Big Grin

And Welcome here Valkas ;o)

Ted :mrgreen: