4.11 crashes on startup

Hi everybody,

I've got a 4.10.1 version running on Windows 7.
Yesterday I've downloaded the new 4.11 patch.
I've made a new copy of my 4.10.1 in a 4.11 folder and installed the new patch.

No way to make it run. When I run the way it arrives to 60% and crashes. No log file generated.

Any idea?

Thanks,
N

Hi there

Go here; http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29039

Look at bottom of first post for "Beta Hotfix for 4.11"

Download and install / unpack and that should fix the problem

Next get the 4.11.1 Bug Fix patch from here; http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31446

Download and install / unpack and that will bring you right up to date Smile

PS make shore you have no mods installed when patch your game as that could give you problems

Hi Madcat,

It didn't work. I had already disabled all mods before doing the install. No way to make the thing run (made several tests). It crashes on startup at 60%

Now, I've done a clean install from the scratch with no packages, only patches up to 4.11.1 and it works.
The question is, can I install now HSFX 5.0.1 over it? Do you know if HSFX is compatible with patch 4.11.1?
I need HSFX 'cause all SEOW campaigns I play require it.

Thanks,
N

HSFX 5 will not work with 4.11, you'll have to wait for HSFX 6, they should have it out shortly. If I'm not mistaken it is in beta testing now.

No, HSFX 5.0.1 is not compatible with 4.11 patch so don't install it over it

If you want to run both then at the moment your have to have two separate installs.

To do this all you need to do is copy every thing from your clean 4.11 IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 folder (Default Location: C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946) and then make a new folder any where you like (ie New Location: C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 1946 4.11 Clean) and then past every into that new folder.

Sorry to say but next your have to uninstall IL-2, check every things been uninstall / deleted from the IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 folder (Default Location: C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946) and then reinstall IL-2 again. Then patch it up to 4.10.1 or what ever HSFX 5.0.1 needs to be install on top of and once patch to the correct versions install HSFX 5.0.1

The reason you game was crashing is because HSFX installs files in other places then your mods folder and what happened is the 4.11 patch install new files that overwrite some of the HSFX ones, but the HSFX modified il2fb.exe dose not get overwritten and so when you run the game it tries to run / load stuff that ain't there any more and so crashes. The 60% crash normal means some things wrong in one of the ini files like; air.ini, weapons.ini or plane-ru.ini.

PS Sorry I should of been more clear when I said "make shore you have no mods installed when patch your game" it was late and I had just got back in. What I should of said is make shore to install the patch over a clean install / version of the game, NO MODS, NO MOD PACKS

Thanks Madcat,

Don't worry, my 4.10.1 is always running.
I had made a copy before installing the 4.11 patch.
Now I had my 4.10 with HSFX and my clean 4.11.

By the way, I've just learned that HSFX 6.0 will be compatible with 4.11 (is in beta test).
Will wait for that Smile

Cheers,
N