Skin Issue please help

I'm having an issue with a skin I'm modding, this is what my skin looks like in gimp [Image: MyP40-1.jpg] which looks fine to me while in gimp, but when it's on the airplane in il2 I am having this issue [Image: Untitled2.png] why is the U.S. ARMY backward and on the other side? it should only be on one side and readable

Hi LaughingMan101X,

we're talking about the P-40, right? I searched all my skins and they're all the same.
I don't think there is a solution for your problem.
You have two upper wings and only one (under/down? - what's the right term?) wing, so your one wing is just mirrored....

Sorry if I can't help you more!

Jambo :wink:

I have moved this to - Il2 Skins, Missions & Campaign DISCUSSION

--

Hi LaughingMan101X

Yes as Jambo said, the bottom wing is being mirrored, so it will always appear backwards on the opposite wing,

Also, I know this may be a little of topic, but maybe helpful, the Red on the bottom elevator flap seams very bright, (I don't know if this is the same on the Rudder) so maybe you could tone it down a little, or if it was a layer, change its transparentcy, (unless you want it like that as it is your skin of cause) 8) :Smile)

Planemad

Hi,

Yes, I agree with my friends here.

This is one of a bunch of limitations in working with 1024x1024 textures in a simulator. There is only so much room for parts, so some of them must be "mirrored". It is no fault of the artist but 1024x1024 was used much in the past by developers to make simulations runable in lower end computers. Even if you start with 2048x2048 and shrink it to 1024x1024 as a last step to get it into a simulator, the original 3D model had "mirrored" parts from the old days.

Gradually we will see 2048x2048 become standard in simulator vehicles of all types, if it is not yet, and all important parts for skinners will fit with no need to "mirror" them. It will free the skinner to do almost anything in modding the skin.

Sorry... one of the limitations of an old sim platform here.

Fireskull