C-1 autopilot [DeviceLink]

Hello everybody!

Those of you using the HSFX modpack probably have noticed the control panel of the Automatic Flight Control Equipment C-1 (AFCE C-1) autopilot system in the cockpit of the Consolidated B-24 Liberator (right above the throttle quadrant).
If not, here's a screenshot Wink

[Image: B24cockpit.jpg]

The original control panel looks like this:

[Image: c-1.jpg]

Unfortunately this piece of equipment did not make it into the game, just the ominous 'level stabilizer' is implemented.
Well, here is my replica of the C-1 autopilot system:

Version 1.1
[Image: AFCE.gif]
(animated gif)

Version 2.1
[Image: AFCE_C_1_v2.jpg]

Many thanks to 'Sita' who allowed me to use his textures of the control panel. The C-1 version 2.1 is, except for the new textures, identically equal to the version 1.1. Your monitor needs to have a vertical resolution of at least 800 pixels to display the control panel correctly.

Download (mediafire):
AFCE C-1 v1_1.zip
AFCE C-1 v2_1.zip

The C-1 communicates with IL-2 1946 via DeviceLink and can be used on the same computer the game is running on or on a second computer in your local network (a laptop for example). Some important parts of DeviceLink-output are deactivated while playing online. If you wish to use the C-1 online you need the mod DeviceLink_2_2 by Fireball (already included in the AFCE C-1 zip-archive).
All switches and turning knobs on the C-1 control panel are fully functional and animated and can be operated by mouse or freely assigned hotkeys.

This autopilot is, just like the original one from 1943, capable of holding a straight and level flight and can perform coordinated turns without intervention of the pilot. The replica of the C-1 is not limited to the B-24 and B-17, it can be used to control all bombers we have in the game! Since the C-1 is designed to assist bomberpilots it can not be used to control fighter aircraft. A fighter in this sense is a single engined, single seated airplane.

Have a look into the manual to learn more about the C-1 autopilot and how to use it on bombing missions.

Tested on 4.10.1m and 4.11.1m. Suggestions and critique welcome!

FS~Daedalus

Thanks again FS~Daedalus Big Grin

By the way, some of your screen shots are not showing.

Deutschmark

Thank you! Smile

Deutschmark Wrote:By the way, some of your screen shots are not showing.
Oh... what screenshots/pictures are not showing? I can see them all in my browser (Mozilla Firefox). Maybe some are too big?

This forum resizes photos that are to big and then you can click on them to enlagre, it must be on my end then.

Deutschmark