Need help with HSFX 6 please

I was recently running 4.11.1 and the game worked just fine. Then I installed HSFX 6. I was sure I had installed it into the correct folder and located the JSGME mod enabler then activated the HSFX history Mod. When ever I activate the History mod it deletes my il2fb.exe file in my root directory so I go ahead and drop another .exe file in there and the game starts as stock. I had no mods on previously and it was a clean 4.11.1.

To the best of my knowledge I think HSFX 6 alters the il2fb.exe file to get it to work but for some reason it keeps deleting mine. I have tried reinstalling several times and I am running windows 7. I have tried several other things like running the game administrator mode and trying to run it as a different OS compatibility with no luck.

Has any one had the same problem and found a solution? I would appreciate any helpful insight.

Hey there, I had the same problem, until I realized it is not 4.11 is the right patch but 4.11.1 After downloading and installing that, I installed hsfx 6.0, enabled the histomod - it DID replace the original exe with a 156 kB version, but that also must work.At least it did work for me....

Hi,

For the sake of the readers so it is clear, patch stock IL-2 all the way to IL-2 4.11.1 and then point the HSFX 6.0 installer at the main IL-2 folder.

Sheep, I rarely hear of that problem and never discovered what causes it, but the thought occurred to me that installing anything in the wrong order might do it.

Fireskull

Yes, it is a bit tricky though, first I followed the link the hsfx 6 posted here, then followed another link to the 4.11 patch and hotfix, but one has to find and download the 4.11.1 by himself...At least that's what I did. it worked...

The HSFX 6.0.1 bug-fix patch is available:
http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3241

Fireskull

Since the time between mod upgrades (which I appreciate greatly) is so long, why hasn't anyone created a Stock to 4.11.1 single patch yet>

Hi, Keenefx

Well, actually there is one - link in my thread here about half way down but read the other good stuff there, too:

For the "all-in-one" patch of stock IL-2...

IL-2 Patch Central
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=31580

Fireskull