Say Thanks to IL-2 Modders

Good day, guys Smile

First I have to say thanks to All the IL-2 modders, from the guy who made only one mod but made the day for some people, to the expert fanatic in it almost from the start of IL-2 modding.

If you can, please thank one past long time modder (who might still be doing something) and one more recent modder of a couple years or less. If you want, by all means thank more than this.

I thank Hellzone for his part in trailblazing that lead to the first big mod pack ( others getting credit, too ), Unified Installer (UI) from All Aircraft Arcade - the mother of this website. Hellzone, you gave and helped many people so here I am thanking you for your part in my progess with IL-2, leading to future technical progress by me. A few times I saw him in the Whos Online of AAS here, so I hope he reads this someday.

Radpig gets my thanks for brightening some of my days with his fast learning, fun IL-2 art, and sense of humor. It's nice to see people getting the help they need, then later doing nice things for the community.

Fireskull

A thousand thanks & more of the same! Big Grin

+1 Big Grin

Good say Fireskull !!!

I would like to thanks every modders too !!! Thanks to Soccarista, for his awesome effects mods, thanks to Freddy and Lebig and Histoteam for Histomod which is my favourite, thanks to Hueyman and Jeronimo for the 2 last huge mods (for me) Cowlings and Props, thanks Ton for 4.11 mod activator which allows you to fly TBD, and all the work he ever did, thanks Beowulf for the good planes...

It is difficult to tell every modder thank you, I remember Ranwers for the planes, whitecat for all the planes modifications.

I would like to thank you every skinner here, as for a while we have a lot of skins, thanks to Harpia_Mafra, Planemad, RadPig, BearKiller72 and everybody who shared at least 1 skin !

And to conclude, thanks for the maps, missions and campaign masters Cracken, GilB57, Obelix from check-six community, redko, canonuk...

Thanks DM for owning this website and administrators for the good stuff and the community for friendhip and fair !

Ted ;o)

To all that have contributed there time and energy over the last 11 years to make this game what we know today, I thank you.

No matter how big, or small, whether it be 3D, Audio, Code, Textures, Skins, Missions, Campaigns etc...

[Image: top%20hat%20-%20coop.JPG]

I take my hat off to you all Smile

Congrats and thanks to all for years of constructive work on my very favorite sim !

Get some of their names and work here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33000

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Out of all the modders, I would like to thank FlyZo personally :Smile)

He helped me mod Il-2 and get me into playing and downloading mods, without his help I would not have a modded version of il-2 :|

Which I why I thank FlyZo for all he has done for the Il-2 Modding community and for helping me get up and running with a modded Il-2 :Smile)

Thank you FlyZo :Smile)

Planemad

I thank you all!! :Smile)

Dauntless Wrote:I thank you all!! :Smile)

+1 :Smile)

Planemad

+1 Big Grin

Thank to all the modders, without your help, and great mods, I would have never started that modding adventure, 2 weeks ago. Very special thanks to SAS team, UP team, HSFX, and especially Free IL2 Modding, where I am learning the very basics of modding.

My thanks go to Avala, whose Benghalli map was one of my first downloaded mapmods and who indeed discovered the lighting effects in IL for land and planes.
Any list can only be slightly porked as for those ladies and gents which do not appear, so this is a very minorly thought out list of course. :!: :wink:

I would like to thank a few other map modders, namely redko, who is such a genious with textures, agracier, who also made excelellent textures and who, among with Lejo/Uufflakke, made one map which I totally adore: Sidi Ifni:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/indexphp/topic,121290.html

OK, also CzechTexan, for his Puerto Rico map, which he himself values as one of his less great maps and which I hold with fond memories of the greatest first modded IL-2 weeks and months.

Viking for his Grand Canyon map, of course and CY6 for Korea, without doubt.

Or cyberolas with his Crimea and Kursk rerpaints.

Other map modders would fast exceed the volume here, so I named only those whose maps I got first.

Recently DaveOD06 impressed me with his Marianas Expanded map e.g.

The gents who invented the AIM-9 missile code.

And of course I'd like to thank Freddy and the original HistoMod team for HistoMod and the F-86 cockpits- :wink: :mrgreen:
And those great FMs!

Stuka for his great bird and smoke mod, love it!

Zuti who IIRC introduced completely new atmospherical and turbulence related effects.

Ah, and even if the list on maps could go on forever, Mixx for the Zapolar'e map.

The AAS site for introducing me to the world of modded IL-2. It was not so long ago, I think in April to Mai 2010.

TBH this list is way to small and I could surely step into this post and edit it 10-40 times with names of modders whom I simply forgot at this very moment and who made mods I love on a daily basis.

E.g. the prop mods, I think also by Stuka..

The 00_Flash Light mod, one of my favourite small mods.

The TC_Hawaiian Islands map modders Porto72 and Saburo Sakai (names from memory) and WHC for repainting that map.

Many guys at SAS, Bombsaway e.g. for his great shallows, Anto and AMT for going for the Mig-21..

This site again for allowing me to flood it with HistoMod shots. :oops: Big Grin

And so on...thanks to y'all!!
:lol:

Cheerio

Quote:Or cyberolas with his Crimea and Kursk rerpaints.

Hi TomFF,

please look too the great Cyberolas Kuban map...

wonderful!!! Big Grin

On this way, best regards to Deutschmark. Smile

Gerhard

It's been great to have been here since the beginning of AAA and to see what a change we have all made since then.

Hi'
A big thank you to all of you skillful Modders that has given us so much pleasure :mrgreen: Confusedhock: Big Grin
Buller

IL2 certainly became a lot more interesting with the arrival of the mods. Thanks everyone.