IL-2 1946 and Windows 8

Just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8. Any advice regarding installing IL-2 1946

First welcome mbull2216 to the AAS forums. Big Grin
Well from what I have read is that WIN 8 is having some issues with games also you might be a little hard pressed right now to find many that have WIN 8 and have IL2 installed and have gone through the process, so you are kind of treading through new ground where many have not been yet.

Deutschmark

IL-2 1946 will not install with OS windows 8. Worked fine on 7.

Hi,

Try installing it outside Program Files and set the .exe for Compatibility Mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2. You might need to make the whole IL-2 main folder set in Compatibility Mode. Run as an administrator. In Windows 8, you might also have to make it a trusted program in advanced properties and allow administrators to run it and not just read it. :roll:

I hope this helps. Smile

Thread is moved to PC Technical Help Forum because the topic has more to do with the system than IL-2 itself. :wink:

Clinton

I was also having major problems getting win8 to install IL2. None of the solutions, compatibilty mode etc worked & had virtually given up when I read on another site about (GoG) Good old Games. Downloaded a win8 compatible copy of IL2 from them for $9.99. Not only did it work straight off but is ready patched to 4.11.1. Saved wasting half a day downloading patches Big Grin . Well chuffed & all for about 6 quid sterling. Hope this is of some use to someone.