Bad news for IL-2

China is copying others idea and making exact copies once again. This is a Disgrace, this man is taking credit from all of Maddox's Team and hard working IL-2 modders who work for free. This video was taken from the copied Youtube site known as Youku

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j8vfgLLuDY

FROM U.P. FORUMS:

Quote:I am a IL2 fan from China and this is the first time I post on 1c forum. I make this post because I read news and I am very angery. The reason I felt sad and angry is because there is a Chinese guy just copy il2:up 2.0 mods and claim it is developed by him and sell it to make a profit and fame.

This is the link of the news: http://www.hb.xinhua...nt_23473762.htm (http://www.hb.xinhua...nt_23473762.htm), it was written by Chinese hence I will make some English translations.

The title is "Chinese super player developed an awesome flight simulation game". In this news, the guy's name is Yao yao and his game id is @6, he is so called an "cyber world ace" and own a company to develop flight simulation games. After years of hard working (or copying?) He developed an awesome flight sim and sold it to schools in China and even the Chinese air force was interested in this game and plans to buy it from him .Which made him "successful and famous". The most ridiculous part of this news is Yao yao stated "under the inspiration of what he did, the Russian government decided to buy flight simulation games from 1c company and promote them to all the youth across the country ". I am not a Russian player, is it true?

I am a big fan of flight simulations and an owner of il2:1946 and IL2: CLOD. I was shocked after I read this news and wonder what game this guy develop and want to buy and try it. Then I go to this guy's company forum and download. The game is called "DOF SonicAge™ (version V.10) "(they even "tm" for it). Here is the game introduction webpage and video.
webpage: http://bbs1.dof.so:8...howtopic=105161 (http://bbs1.dof.so:8...howtopic=105161)As an Il2 fan, I felt very angry because I know il2 is a game developed by hard working of maddox teams and the mods are contributed by lots of players and fans all over the world. As a Chinese guy, I felt very sad, because those act of copy and piracy are very common in China. This guy just copy and he can sell it to make a profit. I wish this kind of situation can change someday.

Not much any of us can do about something in China and there is probably not much that 1C or Ubi can do about it as well, but if he ever tried to do anything in the western world with it am sure then 1C and Ubi would be all over him and his western world contacts.

Deutschmark

Deutschmark Wrote:Not much any of us can do about something in China and there is probably not much that 1C or Ubi can do about it as well, but if he ever tried to do anything in the western world with it am sure then 1C and Ubi would be all over him and his western world contacts.

Deutschmark

Anyone wanna be part of my Mercenary Team? Smile

I tell you a little story:
Early 2000 century China produced only one type of vehicles, 3 wheeled car. So they started to make real cars, but they weren ´t very succesfully. What could solve this thing? Of course, by copying western cars. There is BMW and Mercedes looking cars, but they are named Xingha 490308593+01vv89789xc45 :mrgreen: or so on, and the best, one Honda motorcycle copy is named Hongda :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . If you don´t believe me, i tell you that i learned all this by watching one Top Gear show on TV
And one more thing. Western car manufacturer sued those chinese car makers, but chinese won, cause they think their copies are very different than western real ones, so they arent copies anymore

First,I'm a Chinese IL-2 player too,Thanks for the hard working of Maddox and moders(I'm a moder too). And I'm a forum member of the DOFbbs.As I know,@6 didn't use the so called 'SA1.0' to earn money. On the other hand he provide the game server for all of us.His server is the most popular one in China.

Second,For the 'TM'.Be honest,I dont like it too.SA is similar to the UP. But, That's just a name of the moded game.TM----->'DOF sonic age'.It could be 'COF'or 'bof' if you like.

Third,Juntsi.I think you are kidding.I haven't saw any copied car in China. In China so many guys buy the AUDI,Volkswagen,ford,BMW...from you westren complanys' subsidiaries and westren complany even bankers earn astonishing Residual value from our workers
This is what I see.

Fenbeiduo Wrote:As I know,@6 didn't use the so called 'SA1.0' to earn money. On the other hand he provide the game server for all of us.His server is the most popular one in China.

Second,For the 'TM'.Be honest,I dont like it too.SA is similar to the UP. But, That's just a name of the moded game.TM----->'DOF sonic age'.It could be 'COF'or 'bof' if you like.

Quote:the guy's name is Yao yao and his game id is @6, he is so called an "cyber world ace" and own a company to develop flight simulation games. After years of hard working He developed an awesome flight sim and sold it to schools in China and even the Chinese air force was interested in this game and plans to buy it from him .Which made him "successful and famous". The most ridiculous part of this news is Yao yao stated "under the inspiration of what he did, the Russian government decided to buy flight simulation games from 1c company and promote them to all the youth across the country "

I dont hate normal chinese people, but how you explain this: BMW X5 copy and original

[Image: Carscoop_Sceo_0.jpg]

[Image: 76845d1316082957-bmw-x5-bmw-x5-image.jpg]

and take a deep look at this too
http://gemssty.com/2006/10/29/top-10-copycat-cars/

Hi Gentlemen,

I may assure you, as a German, we do know the difference! 8)
And that counts for the rest of Europe too, I'm quite sure. Smile

About Il-2 - please remember where this and other sides came from and what we are doing...
Yes, I know we are free of charge, putting hard work, endless hours and dedication in it...

...and my Chinese is so very, very, very limited, I can't even think of doing advertising in Chinese.. :wink:

But i.m.h.o. you can only remind him or them, what the work of all those people is all about and maybe what the word "Honor" truly means.

Many more things to say ... but we are not really politicians here, are we?

Jambo :wink:

RadPig94 Wrote:sold it to schools in China and even the Chinese air force was interested in this game and plans to buy it from him
Deutschmark Wrote:Not much any of us can do about something in China and there is probably not much that 1C or Ubi can do about it as well
We can't, but if I were 1C/Ubi, I'd get in contact with those chinese schools and the chinese airforce, offer the very same game for half the price @s*cks sold it and tell them how this f*cking b*stard duped them.
It would be a matter of days for the chinese to get that issue sorted and we won't hear that much of this "cyber world ace" (*cough*) anymore.

Best regards - Mike

It quite disgusting how china does business, my cousin owns a store in Australia that sells to tourists she makes desighnes her own merchandise but it is a constant battle. she said she get people coming in taking photo's which they then take back to china to manufacture screwing her out of business.

we can't even manufacture stuff to sell to are own tourists,