ROF torrent2.exe malware?

Hi!

How can I delete the ROF torrent2.exe?

Everytime I try to delete the zip archives I'm told they are opened in torrent2.exe but can not locate this. Think it was already deleted. This torrent2.exe seems to a kind of malware... :roll:

Please, help!
Confusedhock:

Hey, man Smile

I assume that you mean Rise of Fright, when you wrote "ROF"? :mrgreen:

You may have suspicions about the .exe, but until an antimalware program identifies it, there is little chance to be certain about it.

What all this likely means is that a torrent program is running in the background and is connected to that particular .exe by torrent. If the .exe is there, it probably won't hurt anything. Your own copy of the .exe download may be used by the torrent program to supply other people with the files of it. This could be happening. I does not harm anything, but could interfere with simulation performance.

Try accessing the torrent program and disable the .exe in question within the program interface. If that doesn't work, you may uninstall the torrent program and then delete the folder that you are trying to trash.

However, it might be a good idea to keep the original clean download as a backup.

Clinton

Rise of Flight , Yes. That's the game. Free Demo...I think my new machine has enough power to deal with this game now, so that I decided to give it a try. Big Grin
Problem is that they use Torrent2, which is a plague, I must say. Their forum is plenty of complaints about it. Task Manager can not remove!
Fortunately, after great suffering and waste of time I've found a topic with instructions to do this. We should use WinPatrol (!!!) to chase out that unbecoming from computer after download is complete, otherwise it repeats downloading proccess everytime we restart computer. Confusedhock:

-S!-

PS: Sorry if I posted in wrong place. Could not imagine a better one... :oops:

Hi

I hope you have got it all sorted and fixed now, but can I ask how did you come to be using this torrent2 program? Because you say that "they use Torrent2" to make you download the RoF demo!!! which sounds a bit strange as on the RoF website they only list the torrent file for the RoF demo, which is not a program. They give no links for any other torrent program's that you would need to download the RoF demo with on the download section of their website.

If you don't mid could I suggest to you two torrent program's to use if your still having problems downloading the demo or if you need to download a torrent file in future;
1. uTorrent is most popular torrent program around at the moment and it very light on system resources.
2. Tixati is probably in some ways better then uTorrent but maybe not as easy to set up, but again very light on system resources.

Smile

Yes, I've been using uTorrent for years without a problem, but the link they provide gives you a torrent2.exe which can not be added to uTorrent. Also, it creates a deep register and slows down system, thats why some people says it looks like a malware. :roll:
Anyway, this is a wonderfull game and its developers deserve all respect and gratitude. Moreover, I think it is not elegant to critisize them in another forum so that I'll cry directly at their door now since I've just got my membership. :mrgreen:
I'm trying to download the demo again. Hope I will succeed now.
Thank You for the suggestions! :wink:

-S!-

Ok I see what you are talking about now, on the forums and under "Play it FREE" they have the links to the RoF Demo listed as this automated torrent program (Torrent2), but what I was looking at is the useful materials page where they have the RoF Demo listed as the torrent file its self and this where the confusion began. I don't know why they have done that, but any way sorry :oops: :wink:

Just in case it helps.

RoF Free2Play 1.028b torrent file link; http://riseofflight.com/i/files/ROF_Free...ziptorrent

RoF Useful Materials page (RoF Download page for skin packs, templates, manual etc...) http://riseofflight.com/en/community/usefulmatrials

:roll:

uTorrent is the only one that I trust. Also I support standardization, so if there are non-compatible torrents, then I won't access them.

Clinton

As I see, Oscarito, you will give ROF a try ;o)

If I could give you an advise, be careful when you will fly low: you can collide with trees in this game ;o)

I remember how Planemad (who is a great hunter, talented shooter, and of course a happy vulcher ;o) learned it... trying to shoot me down :mrgreen: :Smile) :mrgreen: :Smile) :mrgreen: Tongue :mrgreen:

Cheers

Ted

Don't worry. I'm still on the ground, trying to map the controls... :roll:

Sorry it is late, but RoF torrent has been know to contain Malware, but only for some anti-virus software, they do know about the problem.

RoF is a good game, but expensive, still worth it though, especially for the career ::))

LeBigTed Wrote:If I could give you an advise, be careful when you will fly low: you can collide with trees in this game ;o)

Too right Ted ;)

LeBigTed Wrote:I remember how Planemad (who is a great hunter, talented shooter, and of course a happy vulcher ;o) learned it... trying to shoot me down...

Thanks Ted :) We had lots of fun over the weeks playing RoF just shooting each other down on that aerodrome :D Still have the pictures too :)

Thanks also for the complements, very kind of you :) You are also them :)

Planemad

Planemad Wrote:RoF is a good game, but expensive,
Indeed! The entire game with everything will cost around 80 Euros according to my preliminary calculations. :roll:
But we can play the free demo unlimited. It is more than enough to start...

Oscarito Wrote:But we can play the free demo unlimited. It is more than enough to start...

The free dome is the full game with only two planes, Spad XIII and Albatross D.Va?

Not sure about the career mode, is that in the free version?

Planemad

I wouldn't say it is the "full game". Just one map, quick and single missions. No career. Basically an appetizer. But even so it is much more than I could expect from a free (and unlimited) demo... :wink: