HSFX Questions?

Hi
I have recently got back into IL2 and loving it, but have noticed that there a few new downloads availible.
I am currently running HSFX 4.1 and game is patched to v4.11.1, i was just wondering with HSFX as it is know at v6.0 do i have to install v5 before v6? or can i just go right ahead and install v6? and also is it worht it? and how many servers are running these new versions?
i hope i got that correct and make sense lol
Anyway,
any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks Smile

Hi,

Smile

HSFX 6.0, bugfix, and updates give you a zillion amazing mods. The mod pack is a great WW2 based mod pack with many maps, aircraft, and many other mods.

You need to patch fresh stock IL-2 1946 through 4.11.1, test at each stage, make a backup copy of it, and then point the HSFX 6.0 installer at the main IL-2 folder. Next is the bug-fix patch and then the updater patch which will give you the updates.

Do not mix HSFX 6.0 with anything else (such as not mixing with HSFX 4 or 5) and make sure to patch IL-2 to 4.11.1 FIRST. Each mod pack is built for a specific installation onto a certain patched stock IL-2.

If you did everything right, then you have one amazing mod pack to keep you busy for years!

See:

IL-2 Patch Central - Read All First
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=31580

Make a copy of your patched stock IL-2 1946.

HSFX 6.0 + 6.0.1 + Updater: Mod Pack Guide
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=33752&p=365016#p365016

Once all patched, you should see the HSFX 6.0 splash screen after you start IL-2. Remember to use the history mods in the JSGME Mods Enabler.

There are many online squadrons using HSFX, though you have to check with them to see which version they are using.
Community Generated Squadron List..........
viewtopic.php?f=107&t=24405

Also there is HyperLobby. One or two or more servers using HSFX are running. Typically squadrons host them and usually they get together Friday, Saturday, or Sunday nights Eastern Standard Time U.S.A., but a few guys get on the server at other times.

Look for AKA_Wardogs, Fallen Angels Squadron, and the 352nd Squadron who get together in particular for HSFX 6.0, but there are others. They are found in the Community Generated Squadron List.

Though many times the missions or campaigns are private, squadrons are always inviting new pilots to join them. Smile

Clinton

Wow Awesome Smile
thank you very much FireSkull much appreciated..
oh and will there be anyway to still play 4.11.1 or will it just be HSFX 6?

Galactica2.0,

If you don't activate any mods, then you are playing stock 4.11.1 :wink: I strongly urge keeping all downloads and making copies of both stock 4.11.1 and 4.11.1 with HSFX added. I like to rename the main folder to a descriptive name, such as "IL-2 HSFX 6.0".

Please let me know how you like it once you get it all set. Smile

Clinton