Do you feel old now ...?

Here is a list of the most important WWI Flight Simulations of the last 20 years...
1994: Release of ''1942: Pacific Air War'' One of the first WWII Flight Simulations. 19 years ago.
1998: Release of ''European Air War'' The best WW II Flight Simulation of the time. 15 years ago.
2001: Release of IL-2 Sturmovik This game will surpass ''the King of Sims'' (European Air War). 12 years ago.
2003: Release of IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles That Update made the breakthrough in the Comunity. No other game could top the simulation in the WW II genre. 10 years ago.
2004: Release of IL-2 Sturmovik: Ace Expansion Pack Both Addons gave you a very big choice of planes but on 2 different games.
and IL-2 Sturmovik: Pacific Fighters The Game Publishers had the idea to combine them 9 years ago.
2005: Release of Battle of Britain II: Wings of Victory That game made new standards for graphic settings but wasn't successful because of the many bugs that crashed the game. 8 years ago.
2006: Release of IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 The last official Release with the old game engine. That game was the bsic of all new mods of the comunity and it is played even 7 years after first publishing date.
and then there came the new engines with Wings of Prey and Cliffs of Dover.
2010: Release of Rise of FLght: The First Great Air War. That Game isn't a WW II Game but WW I. And it is very interesting for IL-2 Gamers. 3 years ago.
But we should be honest: Everyboody of us play the most time The modded tuned IL-2 of today which has a heart from 12 years ago.
In the first time I played only European Air War in the thinking there is nothing better in the world. in 2003 we got an internet connection and I found IL-2......

[Image: 15jahreeawvergleichmitc.png]

Note: The Planes are flying in the exatly same altitude.

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/713 ... slmtw.mp4/

Beulenfan

Well like I said in another thread, I will feel like I been playing IL2 for to long when I have to go to Good Old Games .com to get my IL2 addons... :Smile) :lol:

Deutschmark :mrgreen:

I remember countless hours in the late '90s playing "Jane's WWII fighters"... :roll: first time I saw virtual 3d cockpit and localized damage with changing textures.

[Image: img_2_th.jpg]
[Image: b0015900_4b73a3e63662f.jpg]
[Image: 0x341f.jpg]
[Image: ww22010060613203942.png]
[img]http://i2.listal.com/image/504825/600full-jane's-wwii-fighters-screenshot.jpg[/img]

I also remember Combat Flight Simulator 1 and 2. I remember in the second, which was PTO, you could open your canopy, and radiators ! Big Grin
Fighter squadrons was also great as you could fly the Lancaster ;o)

Ted

It was Red Baron 3D for me, first game I started modding Big Grin
I found this video, this was one of my modded games I did for RB3D and I did not even know that a video was being made as am in it... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klanT1geD8g

[Image: rb3dpc0b.jpg]

My avatar is one of the 3D planes I did for RB3D and that's a screen shot of it in game.

Deutschmark

Ohh, sweet memories !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Buller :mrgreen:

Did somebody say "Red Baron"'? :mrgreen: Cry :mrgreen:

[Image: 636_0.png]
[Image: RedBaron-600x237.jpg]

My first flight simulator ever... I tried it just after playing "Wing Commander" (the first!) and I still remember I totally panicked when, as i pressed the right arrow, the plane ROLLED inverted instead of steering car-like! :oops: :mrgreen:

I also remember:
1984 F-16 Fighting Falcon
1988 F-19 Stealth Fighter
1989 A-10 Tank Killer
1990 Red Baron
1992 Aces of the Pacific
1993 Aces over Europe
1996 Flying Corps
1997 Red Baron II
1998 Combat Flight Simulator
2000 Combat Flight Simulator 2
2002 Combat Flight Simulator 3

I was eight when I started to play flying simulators.
Am I getting old? :mrgreen:

santobr.

Oh my God! Confusedhock:

It is already more than 30 years ago when I saw my first Flightsimulation on a Apple in 1982.
And a bit later bought my own first simulation, later called MS Flight Simulator...

I do remember as well "Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe", nice one!
Yeah and this Aces series and Red Baron 3D... until my graphic-card wouldn'd work anymore...

No Internet, no Network... and still very happy! :Smile)

Jambo

I do remember SWOTL too !!!!!!!!

[Image: Swotl_001.jpg] [Image: Swotl_menu_Luftwaffe.jpg]

That was my first sim too !!! I remember I had to calibrate the stick before launching the game into DOS console : I had to type d:, to load the disc and after that a 'go'.

It was epic !!!! I still have the music in my head. Pa pa papa po papaaaaaaaaaaam taratatata tata !!!!

Ted

I have played it recently, also TF 1942, PAW, Aces of the pacific (with DFend)! Perfect games for his time but not the same when you play it today!
Nevertheless, they have good informations and inspirations for coming campaigns . . . :wink:

CFS got me into this whirlpool.
CFO, Interlaken to Berne, infamous channel runs.. Awesomeness.
Hated the 109, loved the 190.. Then got to IL2 and hated the 190 and loved the 109 :mrgreen:

[Image: box15289jy1.jpg]
[Image: Screen21.jpg]

My license says I'm old, but I don't feel it ...yet.

This wasmy first:

[Image: combat-flight-simulator-pc-games-simulad...712xIM.jpg]

But when i know this... was a worse than cocaine:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPyqfN7VvPL2wdBwhjV0d...DSmoRDkhiw]

Yes, today 52s... but lets forget what we can not change, lets go fly and mod.

Does anyone of you know B17 Flying Fortress 'The mighty 8th' ?
It was also a good game, but I played it not for a very long time.
But it had very nice features (You push the Engine Master Switch to on, and then you will hear a long Checklist in the radio chatter until the motor starts,
or also you have to help injured Group members in the plane Big Grin
http://youtu.be/aGG_NDzllNM?t=19m2s

Did I overlooked anything, or nobody mentioned LockOn and its variants ? Smile