About SB2C Helldiver

I know this is not the first post about the missing of this plane and it sure wont be the last. But i have to ask: why this piece of history is still missing from il-2? i mean c'mon, it was the 1943 replacement of the SBD Dauntless, and it was produced in numbers of almost 7,200 so it sure was a big part of history of WW2 and pacific - and way, way bigger than the endless list of spitfires and bf-109's, or some pre- and after-war planes.

Saberclaw,

I read rumors about copyright issues. It seems that the company insists on enforcing their intellectual property rights even after all these years.

For someone who knows for sure to comment on this would be much appreciated, but I don't know the details to be certain.

Clinton

IC made an agreement with Northrop Grumman not to include more models of any of their aircraft, or ships, or any other NG products, without their permission. The wording of the agreement has not been made public. This specific agreement takes precedence over copyright law.

I understand that IC was forced to sign the agreement because a Grumman Trademark, the word "Grumman" had been used in the original box artwork without permission.
I believe that the trademark was the main issue not the use of 3D models representing Grumman aircraft.

Team Daidalos are bound by the agreement. Modders however are not.

Why is it not in the game? Because nobody has completed a model for it yet.

The Helldiver was built by Curtiss , not Grumman ..did Grumman buy them out afterwards ??? and if it's an issue about Curtiss throwing a hissy over 70 yr old aircraft then why are there so many variants of the Curtiss P-40 in game ? sorry I call BS on it all ...Helldiver should be in game countering the Judy which is .

:roll: Bolt