Aeromobil - The Flying Car

Big Grin

http://www.aeromobil.com/

Clinton

You'll never get me up in one of those things. Not a single bracing wire anywhere Big Grin

Well, since almost all regular planes today don't have bracing wire, I guess you won't be doing much flying. :mrgreen:

Don't trust helicopters either.

Funnily enough I seem to have a love/hate relationship with aeroplanes. Back when I was an air cadet, an AEF Chipmunk that I'd flown in crash landed (got onto the news but thankfully no-one was hurt) a month or two later. Then there was the Slingsby Firefly... Ahhh yes... The Firefly.... Now there was an aeroplane I did not get on with. I didn't like it and it didn't like me. My first and only solo flight in it was a struggle for dominance. Even before I took off the darn thing locked it's parking brake on me. I had to call over the radio so the guy landing knew I was still on the threshold. I remember watching Bob Cole doing aerobatics over the field in that same aeroplane (he was chief test pilot of light aircraft for the CAA - the same one who crash landed the replica prototype Spitfire) and at one point even he was fighting it. The Firefly wanted to surrender to gravity rather dramatically tailfirst and Bob (bless him) was not going to let it.

But then aeroplanes are not quite as solid as people seem to believe. I once gave a joyride to a young lady in a bog standard C150 (actually, come to think of it, I did that fairly often) and at one point she turned to me with a quizzical glance and said flatly - "I can see the ground through the floor". it transpired the nose gear sock was missing. I just chuckled and she gave another quizzical glance. "Like riding in 60's Mini" she said afterward. She's right. I never made it to Monaco.

caldrail,

Cool - I like that kind of stuff. Big Grin
Do you live in Canada? What is your homeland?

Clinton

Me? England. It's a funny kind of place. I watched an episode of Family Guy last night in which the English take ownership of Peter's favourite bar. It was actually quite funny because England stopped being like that nearly fifty years ago. Come on, America, wake up! We have gun totin' gangsters and street jive too, thanks to your ever present television. we have Big Mac's and the Colonel's finest, Ferrari's that can only be driven by guys with moustaches, and please could you stop sending christian missionaries. England is the home of Druidism. Deal with it Big Grin

But hey, enough of my yappin'. This is a flightsim forum and Christmas is almost upon us. So....

Here's a funny thing. People often sneer at sports car drivers and their apparent need to flaunt it because they've got it - I should know, I heard all the same comments back when I indulged in the cheaper end of the fast car market. Yet I found that women were attracted by the sight of my bright blue curvaceous and low slung speed machine. Not because of any extension of my physique (that's an unfortunate part of the male psyche), but because it suggested I was wealthy and successful (that's the unfortunate side of the female psyche - as much as hormones, pesonality, and physical attractiveness can spark our emotions, women do instinctively prefer a caveman to fill her larder, spawn her young, protect her from harm, and emable her deep rooted instinct to spend, spend, spend. Face it girls, you know I'm right)

But flying aeroplanes? The kiss of death where girlfriends are concerned. Unless she happens to be one of the minority that actually like flying, most girls regard being in an aeroplane as a means either to be thrilled by adventure or to arrive somewhere interesting. Sitting in a grotty old Cessna for an hour, squeezed into a narrow cabin with guy she hardly knows, subjected to the loud monotonous rasp and roar of a small aero-engine, feeling uninvolved in the entire process of getting from one place to another by air - she is quickly bored and can't escape. So unless you have access to a business jet and the money to reach a warm Mediterranean coast, the experience of flying won't make her think you're good in bed. Also, she will quickly realise that going out with you means she'll be sharing her bed with aviation magazines.

What a great day to be flying. Isn't this fun?

"Umm, Caldrail, we need to talk"

Yes you're right. Hang on a moment Babe... "Eastwich, this is Romeo Juliet, overhead , routing south of London for Little Wimpton, over....

"Caldrail, I've been doing some thinking"

Yeah?

"I don't think you and I are going anywhere."

No no, really, it looks slow because we're so high. Look, we're doing 90 knots. That's over a hundred miles an hour.

"So is anything going to happen?"

Nah, you're okay, flying is the safest form of travel..... What?

It seems interesting!) By the way, i rented a car last month. You can rent a car at any time with https://14cars.com/car-rental/usa-denver...-den-co-nu and return the car to any place, we serve at no additional cost.